DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Drove 9 hours round trip yesterday to bring Reese P. Buttercup, our standard labradoodle,  home. She is so sweet and calm, super gentle. We love her so much!

She is 8 weeks and 12.5 lbs. I'm confused about when/what she needs to go the the vet for. She has been dewormed 3x and had two vaccines for parvo/distemper. She was spayed last week. The breeder's paperwork says something about scheduling her for a vet's visit 3 weeks after her last vaccine which was just two days ago. So does she not need to go the the vet for 3 weeks? I thought she'd have to go sooner?

Views: 665

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful pup!! Congratz !!! :-)

Reese is just darling.  I had a phantom (black and white) goldendoodle and he had the most wonderful coat you could ever imagine.  I want another phantom but this time a sheepadoodle.  We'll see what we can get.  I am working with a breeder who has the initial stock but hasn't bred them yet.  Depending where you live, they sometimes give the rabies vaccine early.  They also will want to take out her stitches and give her a checkup on her spay.  Take her papers to the vet when you get the stitches out, and (s)he can tell you what else is needed and when.  Three weeks sounds like a long time for stitches.  I would give them a call.

Cute name, and beautiful puppy!! Congratulations.

If you are considering a pet insurance, this is the time to get it, before you see a vet for the first time.

By the time we got a pet insurance when Willow was about 4 months old, she already had "allergy" diagnosis in her vet's file (she came with ear infection from the breeder) and everything suspected of allergy-related have been determined pre-existing condition and thus not covered.

Welcome Reese P. Buttercup (love the name).  I agree with Lynda's advice.

She is soooo adorable! Love her coloring. :-)

Reese is adorable! I love her markings. Congrats on your new pup!

She is adorable! Congrats and enjoy your new family member.

What a cutie! Love her name as well :)

Not that it will change your opinion, but to clarify she is 9.5 weeks (I miscalculated in my original post) so she was spayed at 8 weeks. It is early, but her incision site is so small and has healed amazingly fast. Truth be told I'm glad it's been done. I have two very young kids and I don't have to deal with recovery. 

What a beautiful puppy!!  I just love her color and markings !!!

Like everyone said, it's a good idea to have a "well check" vet visit any time you have a new puppy.  The 3 week vet visit will probably complete the parvo/distemper series.  My dogs always had 3 shots for parvo/distemper, the first 2 were 2 weeks apart and the last was 3 weeks later (if I remember correctly).

Her rabies should be due when she is 16 weeks old, at least that is what my vet has always done.

So darn cute! Sweet as candy ;-)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service