DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Ok, I've always known that Riley is a smart cookie....he's done well in obedience and agility classes and catches on quickly when learning new tricks.  He also remembers where we hide sticks during walks even when we rotate the hidden caches.  Well, he managed to surprise me again.  Some background:  Since he was a puppy, Riley occassionally vomits bile in the morning even with a snack or meal in the evening.  It now happens about every 2 or 3 months.  For some reason, I've developed this ability to wake up (even from a deep sleep) to hear him when he starts dry heaving, which he always does about 4-5 times before actually vomiting.  Because the bedroom area is carpeted, I try carry him over to the tub to vomit, and then I turn on the water to wash the tub.  But sometimes I'm too late, and he ends up vomiting on the carpet.

Well, I was sick over the weekend, so my faculties weren't 100%.  But I woke up with a start and heard Riley dry heaving but it sounded distant.  I grabbed my glasses and looked around for him, but I didn't see him in the bedroom, bedroom foyer, or the closet.  Then I walked into the bathroom, where the shower curtain was drawn closed for the full length of the tub -- I pushed aside the shower curtain, and there was poor Riley dry heaving in the tub.  Poor little guy managed to get himself into the tub even with the shower curtain drawn!

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, this is truly amazing....Riley certainly is a "smartie", and what a good boy.  Now if you can teach him to clean the tub...LOL.

Awe Riley,  What a Smartie & Sweet Guy you are.

We went through this with our Flat coats for about 6 years each, until they outgrew it.

Trixie threw up bile this morning at 5:30!   Ugh.  I hope it doesnt happen again.

Poor little girl!  I always feel so bad when he's dry heaving. 

WOWWEE!  Thats one smart little guy!  You must be so proud.  :)
I guess some dogs have their potty spots while others have their pukey spots!  Smart little guy!  Hope he is feeling better.
Wow!  I am impressed!  As a side note, Phoebe suffers from the same affliction only this happens to her about once a month.Our vet seems to think it might be because she gets too hungry.  Have you broached this with your vet?
Does it only happen in the morning?  For Riley, it only occurs in the morning.  I've talked to the vet a couple of times about it, and there are several posts on DoodleKisses with others going through the same experience.  The consensus seems to be that doodles who vomit yellow bile in the morning have an empty stomach.  So, I feed Riley 3/4 of his food in the morning and 1/4 about an hour before bed.  He still vomits once in a while but not at the same rate as before. Do you feed Phoebe a snack or part of her meal at night?
Absolutely amazing.  Riley is one smart cookie and a very thoughtful guy!
Riley - what a smart dood!  Poor boy, I wonder why the late snack doesn't help?
Wow!!!! You have got SOME dog!!! That is awesome!!
lol...okay, I meant- him knowing where to go to throw up...not awesome that he was sick...sorry about my lack of explination in my last post!!!
I'm sorry he gets sick in the morning :-( poor little guy...I hope he grows out of that! I have a dog that gets car sick, it's NO FUN!
Oh my gosh! Riley is amazing!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service