DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I wanted to ask a few questions about neutering.  Our Stewie is 6 months old today & he will soon be neutered!  I am scared for him, but know that it needs to be done.  One vet said that he would need to stay overnight, which I don't really want him to be away from home.  His regular vet said that he would come home same day but limit his exercise, no jumping, running, etc.  Wow, how will I keep this happy puppy down?  Can y'all give me insight on how things went for your Doodle when you had him neutered, what to expect, any tips & is 6 months a good time?  Thanks so much!!!  :)  I just want whats best for my little Stewie boy & don't want him to start having any of the behavior problems of hiking & marking, which he hasn't done so far!  :) 

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brilliant idea with the underwear trick!

Gavin was neutered at 6 months.   He stayed overnight at the vet's.  The vet insists on it.  He believes that the absence of all stimulation (that they would get from home no matter how hard you tried to keep it quiet) is best for the first day.  Gavin had to wear the cone for a week or so so he would not lick his stiches.  There were no complications.  He did begin hiking his leg, but he was over a year and a half before this happened.  I am not sure one thing has to do with the other.

Thanks for letting me know about Gavin.  Our vet told me that since they do not have anyone to stay to watch them at night its best to let them go home so we can watch them!  She told me today that they will send a cone home if they see he is going to be licking that area.... carrying him in the morning to get neutered and we wont pick him up until 3 or 4 in the afternoon!  :(  I just hope all goes well and will report that Stewie done great too!  :) 

Update:  Tomorrow is Stewie's Big day to get neutered so I will give you all an update once we get him home tomorrow night!  Thanks for all of your comments as they were helpful!  I love this board!  :) 

Good luck Stewie! I know he'll do great! :)

Thanks Kari!!!  :)

So Stewie did good through the neutering process.  The only thing he has done since being neutered (and I feel so bad for him) is itch to death!  Poor boy, when he would go out to potty he would go down to the ground with his rear end, try to scoot on his scrotum area & wanted to lick.  We tried the "cone" ... and he was scared of that.  So we bought the blow up kind and that seems to work ok and calmed him down a bit.  He was neutered last Friday and is just now starting to not itch so bad.  Thankfully!  Thank you all for your wonderful comments!  I love this board!  :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service