DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello all -

Curtis our black Labradoodle turned 12 months on June 25th and he's 49 lbs.  He's having his neutering procedure tomorrow morning.  I've been sooo...nervous for days.  Anyone out there please tell me it's ok.  There are no behavioral reasons for having the surgery; we're extremely happy with our little boy. However, I hear that testicular cancer is a big issue when not neutered, and hence, our reason.

Yours truly nervous Mom!

Views: 282

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A big thank you!

Jennifer

Curtis is so cute! I am also a big fan of neutering! My standard poodle was neutered at 7 1/2 months, no behavior change, weight change, etc... He did not bother the incision much ether...My late Chow Chow was never neutered for our ignorance, and later in his life I was very concerned about the complication that can happen due to the fact he was not neutered....

Thank you for your knowledge and support.

Jennifer

Thank you for the warm support.

Jennifer

Curtis is beautiful!!  I, too, am a fan of neutering.  Every dog we''ve ever owned was neutered and did quite well with the procedure.  He will be just fine.  Just give him lots of love afterwards :)

Thank you for the knowledge and warm support.

Jennifer

I was nervous too but my dood was absolutely fine after he was neutered! I think it's just natural to worry about these 4-legged children of ours :-)

Chance was neutered a week ago at 11 months, and everything went fine.  He didn't have to wear the infamous "cone of shame" because the sutures were internal and when he licked the area, I simply distracted him and he stopped.  The biggest challenge was keeping him from running and jumping!  Curtis is a cutie--best wishes to him and you.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service