DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

New Here! We Just Lost Our Beloved Labradoodle, Puddles, A Few Weeks Ago!!

Hello everyone!  I am so thrilled to have found Doodle Kisses!  Just got accepted so thought I would post right away.  Our family had the most spoiled, most precious Black Labradoodle, Puddles, for almost seven years..........we loved her ever so much.......she really loved vanilla ice cream cones and loved to go for rides in the car.....she often slept in bed with us......LOL!

Anyhow, just a few weeks ago, we lost her very unexpectedly.......what a horrendous shock.....our entire family was crying our hearts out........it felt like some of us died with her.  The hurt.......it's so undescribable......a hurt like no other........grief is overwhelming.....our house has been unbearably quiet.......this is one of the most devastating losses we've ever suffered and it's difficult to shake the sadness and depression.

We had our precious Puddles cremated at the Animal Rescue League and brought her back home to be with us.  I bought a lovely oak urn, that will hold her picture and is engraved "Our Precious Puddles."  That brings a bit of comfort, having her back home.

We started going to the Animal Rescue League on a regular basis, checking out their dogs....to no avail so I've been practically living online, trying to find another Doodle.......just not black.  Finally, after many e-mails, phone calls, etc.. I finally located an 8 week old Golden Doodle little guy, who's only about an hour from our house!  I called the man today, then talked to my husband.  We have an appointment to drive over on Friday to check out the little guy.  I spoke with the gentleman for about an hour and had very good "feelings" about this (I'd also spoken to someone else but had "bad" vibes, as they had far too many dogs/puppies).

If we get the little Golden Doodle, it will be two weeks before we can bring him home, as he's getting neutered, but that's okey......it will give us time to get the house ready.

Nobody will ever take the place of our beloved Puddles, nor will we ever forget her......we're hoping that a new puppy will help us all.  

Anybody have any ideas for a name for a little golden guy?

I'm so very glad to be a new member here!

Nora

Proud Mom to our precious angel in Heaven, Puddles

Views: 764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Puddles" !!!

Hi Lynette!  Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it would be too difficult.....at least for the present time......I do love the name but am afraid that I'd be comparing the two, if you know what I mean!

I am so sorry about Puddles. Congratulations for getting a new doodle to love.   How about Oliver, Dexter or Paulie?

Thanks so much for your kind words!  What cute names!  Definitely will consider them.  It's been such a devastating time for our family.......it's been difficult to even be in our house for long periods of time because of the absence of Puddles (that's her in my icon.......wasn't sure if I could use it but decided to, even though it's difficult!)!!!!

Welcome. I'm so sorry about Puddles.  But I think your new puppy is a tribute to how special Puddles was -- so special that you want to open your hearts to another pup!  Post pictures!

Hi there, and thanks so much for the warm welcome!  It's been an excruciatingly difficult time for our family.....the pain has been so intense and practically unbearable.....that's why we, as a family, decided to look for another Doodle puppy!  I promise to post pictures!  Oh, by the way, that's our Puddles in my icon.......we always called her the "Shredder," as she absolutely loved bubble wrap.......LOL!!!!

Your story sounds exactly like mine - we lost our black goldendoodle at the age of 5 1/2 y ears old and I came here looking for advice.  I also asked here for help with names because I felt it had to include my Zak - hard to explain.  We came up with Myla (thanks to Jennifer,Chloe and Myla) who told us that her Myla stood for "My Little Angel" and that just fit!  When I told DH he totally agreed!  It is the perfect name for us.  I believe that Zak is Myla's guiding star - when Myla has a zoomie we still call it a "Zak attack"!   Zak is buried on our property and every time I pass her, she gets a smile and thanks for making sure that I fell in love with "goldendoodles"  and of course, being Myla's guiding star!  Zak was such an awesome dog! 

So glad that you are getting another doodle and I know the right name will come to you!  I'm sure Puddles is looking down and so excited for you!!!

Hi Wendy!  Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how terribly, terribly sorry I am to hear that you also lost your black Doodle....and even younger than ours........it's absolutely heartbreaking and devastating, isn't it?  The pain is so unbearable, it almost makes a person physically ill......I think I can honestly say I DO know what you mean about the name thing and including your Zak..........we wanted to bury Puddles in our back yard, but we're in a drought, and our yards are totally brown, with huge cracks........it would have been impossible to dig a hole; that's why we decided to have her cremated, as we could still bring her home with us.  

What incredible names......both "Zak" and "Myla!"  Wow, I love them both.......I got teary eyed when I read the meaning of "Myla."  Wow........that is just so awesome!  Doodles are such wonderful dogs with the greatest personalities.......we just could not imagine getting any other breed!!!!!

Welcome to DK. I am sorry to hear about Puddles. Please read this piece on What to Look for in a Breeder before you get another doodle.
http://www.doodlekisses.com/notes/What_To_Look_for_In_a_Breeder

Thanks so very much!  It IS definitely very important to check out breeders first........I am proud to say that I've done extensive research online, made phone calls, etc........and I did find one breeder who had, what seemed to be, tons of dogs.........I both e-mailed the person and called/talked to him on the phone but got some different vibes............the idea of raising large numbers of dogs/puppies made me very leery.  

I did talk to a man about Doodles, and we talked by phone for almost an hour.........on Friday, my husband and I will be driving over to the kennel to see the puppy, and talk to the breeder........he raises/breeds ONLY Golden Doodles and they live in his house.  Everything, so far, sounds really good.  One has to be so very, very careful these days.  Our family would never buy a puppy from a pet store!!!

Good we also have a group of member recommended breeders you might want to check out.
So sorry for the loss of you dear Puddles. So happy you are opening your heart to a new dog to love. How about Sunny or Sonny.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service