DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi everyone!

This is my first time every signing up for a forum! Figures it would be for dogs ;)  My boyfriend and I just got our new Goldendoodle puppy, Angus, a few weeks ago. He's 14 weeks today! My previous dog of 14 years was a Standard Poodle, so we're still learning about Goldendoodles...and well baby puppies in general, I guess...

If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations about raising our energetic and super smart doodle we'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!!

Views: 364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might want to join some groups here on DK.  There is a group for new puppy owners that covers energy, bell training, exercise ( oh so much exercise), crate training, and a heck of a lot of VENTING 

Puppy Madness Group

Also, I see you are from the Maryland area.  You certainly want to join your local group (s) as they are very active. You can meet and have play dates with local members which is always a lot of fun.

Here is one that might work. Look through and see if there are other groups in our group section.

Greater Richmond Doodles

Welcome to DK

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! I'm definitely still getting the hang of the forum and learning about all there is to offer. Sounds like I have some browsing to do :) The local group is a great idea!! I really want to get my little guy some more social action since he'll have his last round of shots soon!

Hi, welcome! I just joined up myself, and am on to post some photos of Zoey, our 2 month old Labradoodle we just brought home Weds. evening! I've had 3 poodles during my lifetime, and adored them all. I'm sure poodle experience will assist us both! Angus is adorable!

AWw!! So exciting!! What cutiepie Zoey is!! :) And yes...Angus does have some poodle-y traits that I see already. I noticed he uses his little paws to bat things and hold onto things, which our standard always did. Congrats on your new addition! I'm looking forward to getting to know this doodle breed more as we move forward. They are so darn fun :D

Knowing one of the parent breeds definitely helps. I know labs well, but the poodle is the new experience for me. Let me know if you have any questions about your girl's lab traits. I had a female yellow lab for 13.5 years until she died in the beginning of this year. 

Welcome to DK. We have lots of information but you do need to explore and search. Enjoy your pup.

Why thank you :) Definitely going to poke around on the forum when I get a chance! Looking forward to watching our little guy grow and change through the years!

Welcome.  First let me say that Angus is adorable.  And, what a perfect name for a nice black doodle.  I think of black Angus cattle being a country girl!  First thing to do is to note his weight at 16 weeks.  Because if like eveyone else you want to know about how big he is going to be that will be your best estimate.  16 weeks weight x 2 plus or minus 10 lbs.  Then, join the puppy madness group as suggested and I'd also do some browsing in the Food Group as well to make sure you are feeding a good food.  Then, just have fun.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! We will definitely note his weight at 16 weeks...almost there!! He's a thick little guy with pretty good-sized paws, so I'm thinking he'll be pretty big. We shall see :) I was actually just looking at the Food Group, so I'll check that one out. I also can't wait to make some new doodle friends for him. Thanks again!!

...oh and we definitely thought of black Angus cattle when we named him ;) It really fits his personality...like a little bull haha

Hi Laura ~ welcome to this site.  Angus is such a cutie!  After his puppy shots are complete, I would suggest you start with puppy obedience school and then continue on to obtain his CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certificate.  It makes so much different if you begin training right away and also helps with socialization.  You could also check out the Doggy Dan site (you will find it under the Preferred Vendors tab), you will love his style of teaching.  Looking forward to seeing lots of photos of this handsome boy! 

Awesome! We will have to check all that out :) We're definitely going to enroll him in puppy classes after his shots. I have already started googling for programs nearby! I'll look at the Doggy Dan site as well..so far a few people have mentioned him. We've already been watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of information about puppy training. We could use as much advice as possible haha -- stressed new puppy parents over here!

Advice for puppy raising?  Patience with a capital P and Love with a capital L.  :-)  Welcome to Doodlekisses.  A good place for advice, venting, bragging, sharing etc, etc, etc about your sweet Angus. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service