DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi, our puppy did not like the crate the 1st night he came home, actually I could not handle the whining . I tried to put him in bed with my has bund and I and he didn't like that either. So I set up a little den for him between my bed and the wall, and with the night stand and his bed pillow it's like a cave without being covered. He loves it and sleeps like a baby. We live in a ranch house so we are on one floor and every time he wants to nap he goes to the bedroom and lays in his space. I am okay with this however never had a dog do this and just want to make sure he stays social. Is this okay for him to want to be alone when napping? Now, he does want to be with us constantly when he is awake and doing a fantastic job potty training, loves to play/rough house with Elroy and overall a fantastic puppy. I just want to make sure he doesn't become a social dog... Hope this makes sense, I am just a nervous new mommy.

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree ..and he is more social as the days go by. With all the craziness around the holidays he did I need his safe place!

Kim~ your puppy is so darn cute.  It sounds like he is very smart and independent.  Enjoy that sweet guy.  We have two doodles - Charlie is a Velcro dog and prefers to sleep at the end of our bed.  He gets on the bed and does not get up or out until I get up.  Beau on the other hand, is here there and everywhere through the night.  I think he gets hot and prefers to go to the bathroom tile area where it is cool.  In the a.m. he will come over to my side of the bed and give me a big sloppy kiss, as if to say - Let's get going, okay!  Charlie always looks cross-eyed at Beau - like leave us alone!

Your doodles are adorable !
Thank you

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service