DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I'm looking for a fun and different trick to teach my goldendoodle Jessie. Any suggestions?

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I taught Riley to wipe his nose with his paws by placing a piece of tape on his snout.  Naturally, he would paw his nose to get the piece of tape off, and every time he did this, I just clicked and treated.  We practiced for about 5 minutes every day and by the end of the week, he was able to paw on cue without the piece of tape. 

Also taught Riley to play bow with his head down like Andrea Arden's dog below, but it was by accident. I noticed that whenever Riley's tennis ball went under the couch, he kneeled down with his booty in the air to look for his ball.  So, I purposely started putting his ball under the couch, and when he kneeled, I just clicked and gave him a treat.  He picked up the new "trick" and could to do it on cue to "take a bow" within an hour.

I've been wanting to teach Jessie how to take a bow, but I never really had an idea of how to start teaching her. That's impressive that Riley picked it up so quickly.
I like to make Shelby crawl.  Have you done this?  The next one we are going to get done is the figure eight and then walk and weave....GrrDoodle!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service