DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I know i could join the grooming group and ask this but i am going to post here because there is more activity on the main page.I never saw a change in my F1b labradoodles coat.She is almost 2 years old. i think she missed the memo or do only some doodles coat change and some dont?? I dont know.Or can she still go through a coat change to an adult coat..I had no matting and no puppy coat to brush out.Her fur never changed texture or anything like that.Its always been very soft.Its a wavy to spiral like fleece coat.I dont think Labradoodles blow coat during season changes or do they??

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well you are one lucky dood owner! Monty's hair continued to grow and grow, not something I had ever experienced. Surely it would stop soon.............NOT. He was less than a year old, wonderful full extending about 6 inches! and then..........OMG the mats came over night. seriously, i would work and work to comb them out and realized i was totally screwed. I had never had a dog to the groomer, surely i could take care of this. NOT, I begged the groomer, insisted that she not shave my dog as she suggested. oh my............ 8 hours later she told me to pick up my dog. She had listened to my request but out of my stupidity, it was way too much . I thought groomers had a magic touch or magic tool to turn my dood into a nice mat free dog. stupid me.. Monty did not look at me for 2 days! It was way too stressful and hurtful to him. :( I now do LOTS of trimming at home. I plan to take Monty to the groomer soon, but I will be sure he does not have any mats. I WILL NOT EXPERIENCE ANOTHER SHAVE DOWN. Monty's coat got outrageous around 8 =9 months old.
I thought I was one of the lucky doodle owners but Maddie has just started to get matts (11 months old ) here and there on her body.  I'll be stroking her beautiful long soft coat and all of a sudden my fingers get caught up in tangled mass.  I gave her a scissor trim (used to be a hairdresser) and cut off about 2" all over and I've been working diligently to slit through the matt and detangle as much as I can.  I've also just hacked some out where they are not visible (armpits and under the ears and here and there on the body).  I really don't want to shave her down so whenever she wants to cuddle I do a brushing or combing and a matt check.

You are SO lucky!  Cocoa's coat started matting at around 10 months... and was matting like crazy by 13 months.  She is now 1 1/2 and I have to keep her hair short or she would need a full combing twice a day!  I'm hoping that all the matting is a coat change and not permanent, because I miss her lovely shaggy hair.

I don't think that there's a seasonal coat change but I am sure that there are experts on such things who could better inform you.

Hey there Jared!  You are pretty lucky from some of the stories I have read about other doodles.   My Cooper hasn't had a big change either.  Just a little matting behind his ears and under his legs now at almost14 months, but nothing severe.   I just brush him every couple of days and keep on top of it.  I keep waiting for the big change.   I do notice some new colored hairs coming in on his back though.   They are very dark and he is almost cream, so it will be interesting to see if it changes his look any when they grow out.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service