DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We came across a breeder online who is downsizing, meaning selling adult AL breeder dogs anywhere from $500-$1000. Upon visiting this breeder, the conditions were less than desirable and then we found out later that this breeder is not a member of the ALAA, in fact, he/she was kicked out due to not meeting the breeding standards: not testing the dogs for genetic defaults, etc. The dog we went to go look at is female, has bad teeth and the breeder had no idea if she had any shots at all, nor was she sure of the age of the dog. The dog, like all her/his other dogs stunk and didn't' look to be in the best of shape....we weren't allowed inside the house due to the condition of the house. Can someone give me their opinion if my relative should still consider purchasing this dog? Me personally, I wouldn't for several reasons.... And I wouldn't spend $500 for it either! Comments, suggestions, concerns please? Thanks DK!

Views: 492

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a no-brainer to me. Under no circumstances should anyone buy one of these dogs, and if they do, I'd get pet insurance for the dog first, because she's sure going to need it. The second thing I would do is find the best trainer/behaviorist in the world, because she's going to need that too. 

These dogs need to be relinquished to rescue. 

It sounds like a huge gamble to me on a possibly very sick dog. I agree with Karen.
As much as you would want to " save" these dogs...sounds like an accident waiting to happen. And handing over to her any money just supports her cause.

Exactly. I'm all for "rescuing" these dogs, but not by rewarding the breeder with payment for them. 

They do need to be relinquished to a Rescue...but if she thinks she can get monetary value for them, we know that is never going to happen. And there are people such as the OPs MIL who will believe her stories full of lies..

And this just proves that this is not a reputable or responsible breeder, and never was. DRC has rehomed dozens of doodles from truly responsible breeders, with their blessings, and that includes many ALDs. I am currently arranging the adoption of an 18 month old gorgeous healthy ALD from a reputable breeder who was happy to have DRC's help. 

Agree

Thank you both! I'm at my wits end here with my MIL still wanting to consider this dog. She is really naive to believe this is a "premium" dog as the breeder told her. I'm scared she's going to make the wrong decision!
Joy, maybe you can point out to your MIL how incredibly expensive this would all be. Vet bills could possibly be astronomical and possibly some serious behavioral issues. If she won't listen to obvious reasons, maybe the thought of a huge drain on her bank account might deter her. ;)

If she buys this dog, or any dog from this breeder, she is making the wrong decision. Period, end of story. 

Do you both know if I can get a report on her from ALAA? I emails the quality control guy last night hoping he can supply me with additional information on this breeder.
I guess it couldn't hurt to try...but I'm guessing they don't want a "defamation of character" lawsuit on their hands.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service