DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Someone suggested that you could spray the dog's paws and legs with Pam cooking spray to keep the snow from sticking.  I am afraid he will just lick it or it will get all over furniture, etc.  Anyone ever try this idea? 

The pantyhose socks and shirt were an epic failure btw...

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard it also, but never tried it!  Like you it sounds messy to me.

I've never heard of this and it makes no sense to me. I have heard of people using it on their paw pads.

I ordered Musher's for his paws, but unfortunately has not come yet-and not likely to get delivered today, even if our driveway gets plowed later.  those snow dingles are tenacious.  I have had the hairdryer to him three times and it's not even noon.  

I find that you have to kind of break up the snow balls with your hands and/or a towel first. Squeezing the bigger snow clumps helps, it kind of melts them away, and then brisk rubbing with a towel.

I don't know if it would work but I too would worry about the licking and mess.

I gate Spud off in the kitchen on extra rugs and towels. It just melts in 20 minutes.  After the balls have melted, I towel dry him. 

You could put the dog in a snow suit and booties, which is a much better idea than PAM if the snow balls are a constant problem.  This too shall pass.  Think of all the MUD that will be coming soon.  UGH

My Shower Head has long extension to use in tub.  I put Cooper in the Tub, rinse legs with warm water and dry.  Takes very little time.

I have a brush with very large bristles - it was a really cheap one from the grocery store. It is not much good for getting knots out but it does a great job on the snowballs. After they are gone she dries in no time.

Whem my doodles come in all covered in snow balls I just brush them out with a brush.  I also bought a large can of Mushers wax... its just like Vaseline.  I put it on my doodles paws right at the back door because if you let them walk around the house you have very slipery, greasey paw prints all over and don't let them on carpet, you will never get it out !!.  The Mushers wax really did not stay on thier paws long either, it seemed like within five minutes it was gone.  I did not eve bother putting in on their paws this past snow.

I throw towels into the dryer for about 5 minutes on high. Then the boys lay on their bed in front of the fireplace for about 20 minutes covered in hot towels. Boy, they have the life.

(This photo isn't in front of the fire.)
Attachments:

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service