DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello, everyone!

So the end of February was our automatic renewal for Pet Plan for both Chloe & Myla. I received an email saying that it was about time to renew and to make any new changes to my account info and such.

So I figured we would get another email saying what was billed to my card, but nothing. So curiosity got to me and I went online to check it out. It seems odd to me that Chloe's went up $85 from last year and Myla's only went up $30 they are a year apart (7 & 6) Is this normal? Do you think it's because Chloe had a claim and Myla did not? The total is $812.05 this year compared to $649.64 last year.

Does anyone know what is involved in annual increases for the premium besides the age of the pet?

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We just went through these questions with Petplan and according to them your policy does NOT go up because of claims- it is merely based on age of dog, breed, and vet costs in your area. I know that there is a "jump" at a particular age in the price of the policy, it may be 7 yrs I'm not entirely sure.

I do feel that raising the policy amount due to "breed" and "vet costs in your area" is sort of arbitrary (just my opinion). According to them vet costs go up every year (okay fine) but the breed thing made no sense to me. You could always call and see what they say!

To clarify the "arbitrary" part, what I mean is that I doubt they actually look at the amount vet services increases for goldendoodles in your state each year, I feel like they just add an annual increase in policy and it's not truly based numbers.

I would call and ask, but my guess is that it's driven by age and that turning 7 moves Chloe into a different rating category.

Dogs over 7 years old have traditionally been considered "seniors", so that may have something to do with the bigger jump in rates.

age and zip code determines the increases. 

Thanks guys-it does appear to be the vet costs in your area and age & breed. It just seemed so weird because there was over a $50 difference between the two.

I guess I'm really bummed, I never thought of Chloe as "senior" time goes by so fast. She still acts like a puppy!!

Still confident that the insurance is the best thing ever for our pets!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service