DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am planning to go this weekend , to a reputable breeder , to see some goldendoodle puppies. I have done a lot of research on the breed and know that this is the breed I want. There are no allergy issues in the house so coat type is not a problem. We want a large active dog that we can take with us when we go hiking / kayaking etc. At the moment we have two Westies a female 12 years and a male 11 years. Both have been fixed. We now have a large fenced in yard , and feel that we have enough space , and are active enough to give this type of dog a wonderful life , so here is my question. What should I look for in the puppy? I have had Westies my whole life , and am used to terrier type attitude and stubborness , but am admitting to being a bit clueless in the traits I should look for in a GD puppy.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, If you have a good breeder, tell her what you want. They know their puppies and will pick out a puppy that is a good fit. I told my breeder what I wanted and my dog is a perfect fit for me. I am so grateful to my breeder for matching us!
Have you been yet? Keep us posted! Almost this time last year I was meeting my Peri girl.....I miss those visits :)
Congratulaions! How did you pick the Dude? and are you a fan of "The Big Lebowski"?
Congratulations on your new puppy. A little girl named "The Dude"...too funny.
Mark here....
The Dude's new Dad.
I can't wait to get her in the house and be her trainer and best buddy!

Very happy with our choice, but at six weeks it's so hard to get a real feeling for future dog traits on a short visit... But Stef did everything right on our visit (posted above). I liked the look, coat, size and temperment of Dude's Mother, and Dude is as laid back as Lebowski himself.

Introducing the new pup into the house of older Westies... that's for another post.

Woof!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service