DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I would like to make something for the doodles coming to the romp in Edinboro. Does anyone have a recipe for "Pup Cakes" I heard about these somewhere, but do not know where HaHaHa. I was just wondering, is there such a thing, and if so does anyone have the recipe? All of the doodles thank you in advance.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JGI -

Pup Cakes

1 large apple
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbl. honey
2 eggs
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese
2 tbl. yogurt
2 tbl. honey
2-1/2 tbl. flour

Core, slice and mince the apple. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal and baking soda.
In a medium bowl blend together the yogurt, water ,oil, honey and eggs. Stir in the apple and cheese. Add to the flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
Spoon into muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave in muffin tins about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
For the frosting; combine the cream cheese at room temperature, honey, and yogurt until smooth. Add enough flour to thicken the frosting to a good spreading consistency. Frost the pupcakes.
Lucy says, YUM YUM YUM. I like the sound of these AND they have frosting !!!! Thank you Thank you!!!
JGI -

Red Velvet Pup Cakes

Not only is beet juice the secret behind these cupcake’s crimson hue, it is also a source of the ideal fiber dogs need to maintain healthy digestion. Iced with low-lactose cottage cheese, these trendy treats are also a balanced meal.
Ingredients

* ¼ cup canola oil
* ½ cup light brown sugar
* 1 cup applesauce
* ⅓ cup beet puree or fresh beet juice
* 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese

Cooking Instructions

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 6 cup muffin tin with muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl whisk together oil and sugar. Stir in applesauce and beet puree.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Slowly stir flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups to three-quarters full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool on a rack.
5. In the bowl of a food processor, puree cottage cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds. Keep frosting refrigerated until cupcakes are completely cool. Frost and serve.

Tips & Tricks

Preparation Time:

10 minutes

Servings:

Baking Time: 25 minutes
Lynne some of these look good enough for me to eat!
There's nothing in them that you couldn't eat. Share and share alike!
These sound YUMMY too, AND I like because they are only 10 min. prep time. I will try them both. Thank you much
Hi Karen,
I posted alot of recipies in the Food group on here...you might find something you like on there...check them out
I will, thank you Denise
The recipes sound winderful, and I'll probably try them for Beau's next birthday party. However, I have a suggestion too: somebody brought a plastic container of the most gorgeous cookies for dogs from Petsmart to the last birthday party, and they were a big hit! I'm still marveling how magnificent they were....as beautiful as the best from a human bakery! With sprinkles and varied shapes, and even iced! I think they probably carry them in all Petsmarts nationwide.
Mmmmmm the cookies from Petsmart sound sooooooo good and pretty. Just like going to Eat n Park and getting smiley cookies.
what a great idea! We're having two upcoming romps in May and June, so I'll be watching this post, too!
sounds like so much fun

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service