DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The DRC has been asked to assist in an Amish Puppy Mill surrender of approximately 35 dogs with a few doodles. Jeannine Smith, my daughter MarissaTait and I will be leaving 4:30am Saturday
for the 3 hour drive to Lancaster PA

I don't know any of the specifics as to why these 2 brothers are surrendering all these dogs but we are all grateful that they are!

Does anyone in the Lancaster, PA area know of a vet that is open Saturday mornings? We will be giving the doodles a capstar (for fleas) immediately but we would like to have them checked out by a vet and give them vaccines before they go to their foster homes.

Please keep all these dogs in your prayers that they have no real health issues that will affect them in finding their forever homes.

Views: 1680

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Andrianne for all you do!

Another wonderful rescue effort to save these poor Doodles.  Thanks to you, Jeannine, your daughter and all the selfless DRC volunteers.  I'm praying for happy outcomes for all these dogs.

Andrea - that is so fantastic of you!!!  I hope that the vet that Diane gave us the name of will be very gentle on the DRC bank account since all 3 will need everything all at once! But whatever it is, these guys will never have to look back on their ugly lives before and their road will be one that any doodle would love to live!!!

Are we allowed to ask what who the breeder is (not sure that goes against the rules since it's not a recommendation per se) but I understand if we can't.... my ears always perk up though when I hear PA because I got Brinkley from a PA breeder (but I know it wasn't a mill.)

DRC is AMAZING!!

Heather - we don't know anything specific except that 1 of the brothers is driving 12 hours to his brothers farm in Lancaster to bring more dogs. We don't know which brother has the doodles.

These 'breeders' would never find their names in the Breeder Recommendation group. I will bet that they are the typical farmers that produce puppies for Pet Land and other retail stores. 

Thanks-- well I didn't find Doodle Kisses until well after getting Brinkley and they aren't on the list BUT they do check out as far as "what you should look for in a breeder."  

Good luck to you and I am so glad they won't be in pain anymore!  You are wonderful. 

Thanks Heather!!!! NO they won't be, they will be scared for awhile until they learn that human touch is a good thing. They are all going to a foster home with other doodles which will help them more than the humans will at the beginning. I pray that they adjust quickly so they can go to their forever homes soon!

Thank you, Adrianne. I am going now to donate a little something to the DRC. I wish I could do more!!

As always Laurie you make me smile!!! Thank you!!!!

Andrea - we are one of many rescues that will be there. We are going to be helping get the dogs and rescues in anyway we can. We know that there are 3 doodles tagged for the DRC. Who knows if the brother that is driving a long distance will have more doodles with him. But every single dog has a rescue and foster homes ready for them. I know it sounds crazy but I can't wait till Saturday. I have never done this kind of rescue work and I am excited to get my hands dirty. We have a plan to cover my car with a tarp and blankets and I will be going to have it professionally washed on Sunday just to make sure my doodles won't be in contact with anything these poor guys might have. 

Praying hard that these doodles are actually healthy and carrying no diseases, worms, or infestation.

I am wondering (and may have missed this) why they are surrendering? Maybe common sense has intervened? One would hope.

Sometimes they have to surrender to avoid a fine, for violations, too many dogs, etc.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service