DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I am sure that some of you had your fur babies shipped to you, rather than picking them up. Sophia will be shipped mid-August.  Are there any special concerns in doing this?  I am nervous about it but, due to time and distance there is just no other choice.   Some sites say they are so traumatized that they are sick for weeks, other web sites say they just sleep.  Would like to be prepared and hear what thoughts you all have?  Thanks

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whenever possible you should pick them up but sometimes it's not possible. My DH would not let me drive by myself from WI to Iowa and he wouldn't take vacation time so we ended up shipping her. I didn't like it but I also didn't know as much as I do now. We ended up at the wrong part of the airport so we were like a half hour late! So we got to the cargo area across the street and this guy had her crate sitting on his desk and he was watching over her. He said if we didn't come pretty soon he would have a new friend to take home. She seemed happy to get a leash on to go potty and she seemed fine. she fell asleep as soon as we got in the car. She didn't seem to have any issues. Good luck to you!
We decided to drive to get our puppy from VA to PA.  We went up and back in one day.  It was a LOOOOONG day!  the breeder offered to meet us halfway but we decided to to just bite the bullet, get up early and drive.  My husband couldn't go with me that day because he had an exam so a friend of mine came with me.  We packed up her Doodle... and the three of us went to go get my Doodle! I just didn't feel good about shipping.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts, experiences and concerns.  I do realize August can be very hot in some areas, so may not the best time to ship.  I believe Sophia will be on a direct West Jet flight from Toronto to Calgary, which usually takes 4 hours.

We had thought of picking her up on  our way home from Maryland, but  that would mean a 6 day car trip with her and two grandkids.  Not sure which would be worse!!!! or which one of us would be more traumatized with that adventure!!!!

I had KoKo flown from Arkansas to Rhode Island with no problem.  Her breeder assured me she has been shipping puppies all the time and KoKo would do just fine.  Although somewhat apprehensive about it I did have her shipped.  Everything went perfectly.  She arrived a happy little fur ball, cute as a button, and has now turned into my devil dog.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service