DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Raise your hand if you think you'd come to a Doodle Romp in Walla Walla

I've been looking at hosting a Doodle Romp in Walla Walla since sometime last year.  Original discussion here was getting too complicated, but feel free to read through for history.

I would like to see who would come if the doodle romp date is June 23/24 -- this is a Thur/Fri so those who want to stay for the weekend are welcome to do so.  And the only planned "event" will be some planned dog park time as a group and perhaps impromptu "Let's go for a walk here!"

Please raise your hand by posting your interest level ONLY IF you think you can make it. 

Tell me if you are in the For Sure or Thinking About It category.

DO NOT respond if you can't make it. 

I only want a YES/Maybe count for a doodle romp set for June 23/24 -- it will likely be warm (mid to high 80s with historical high as high as 100-something) but you never know. 

Lodging info here:  Walla Walla Travel & Lodging Info

Views: 1722

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes ..Icky and I will be driving down from B.C. are the dates final as will have to book hotel or motel.

Don't BOOK YET.  Wait till I make a final announcement, but this is walla walla, I doubt we'll be sold out months in advance.

If you are interested in sharing the ride, we could talk... Maya and I live in Seattle.

What we have done before is book a "block" of rooms at a nearby hotel/motel.  Adina mentioned that there was one close to the dog park.  That would be perfect, particularly if it is within walking distance.  I have never been to Walla Walla, but are there some hiking trails for the weekend?   I think The Downtown Doodle Parade is a great idea.  I think it would be nice to have some activities (to which the Doodles can be included) besides just hanging out at a dog park.  Just my thoughts.

Yes there are hiking trails for the weekend.  I'll gladly put together a list of such things so everyone can partake at their leisure or get a group together and go as a group. 

95% sure we can make it. I would be camping and looking to do something other than a hike/dog park.

Picnic in a park? Wine tasting still has appeal here. Adina - would you say something about campgrounds? Lewis and Clark Trail State Park seems to be the closest (other than RV parks), unless there is something right across the border in OR.  On the other hand on 90 degree weather, which is a dog friendly hotel, and can we get a group rate?

We could totally have a picnic in a park.  There is a nice park with covered area and benches near the dog park.  And there is a historical area with a walking trail that has picnic tables near the parking lot.  I'll have to find out more about tent campgrounds, though some of the RV parks I think allow tent camping.  Some of the downtown wineries/tasting rooms have outdoor areas and dogs are typically welcome in all outdoor areas of downtown. 

Wine tasting:  We have spent quite a bit of time wine-tasting in the Paso Robles (Central California Coast) area.  I think at one time we had 8-10 Doodles.  We always called ahead to ask if the Doodles would be welcome ~ and they always were.  One year we arranged to have bag lunches ready for us and had a very nice picnic at one of the wineries.  And of course, we then felt obligated to by some of their wines (lol!)

Why am I not posting?  I wrote a Thinking About It response but it is not on this page.

Okay, that is better.  We will be picking up our new puppy in Eastern Washington sometime this summer, so we can try for June 23/24.  Maybe we can get the puppy after the romp because that is probably not a very good place for a new little pup.  Harpo will be with us and I know he would enjoy a romp.

Hi Adina, I really want to be there, but as you know my doodle's still training and I want to try to enroll her in doggie daycare and see how she's doing with other dogs around. How late do I have to respond? And can I bring my school age sons 11 and 8 years old?

You can bring anyone you want.  We are setting a date and a couple meeting locations, the rest is just the same as it would be if you were traveling anywhere.

We would certainly try -but need accomodations- suggestions?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service