DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Bailey is a 21 week old mini goldendoodle. He weights 19 lbs and is pretty thin. His rear legs are skinny compared to his front leg and are also longer. Actually he is very leggy, more poodle than golden.

Is it normal for the rear legs to be longer? I think they look so much longer because they are so skinny. When he comes down the steps he has to stop as he tends to be stumble as his front legs and head are on the lower step and his rear legs are on the upper step. With his body like this, he almost will fall over if he doesn't stop.

I don't noticed the height difference on our older doodle and don't remember her being like this at the same age.

I have attached a picture of him on the steps; this is what he does after coming down 2 or 3 steps; he stops as if to take a break!

Views: 1849

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, he is just so darn cute!!! He does have "parts" - it will be exciting to watch him grow and develop.
Well horses grow at different times, and as youngsters can look "downhill" and then end up evening out as they grow. Maybe it's the same for dogs! My lizzie is skinny and all legs still, and she's 10 months old! He is super cute, can't wait to see what he looks like all grown up.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service