DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Sorry, been to busy to take any pictures, but will post some up of our new addition soon!

Anyway, we picked her up and brought her home this afternoon. She is a 10 week old Labradoodle. She did great on the hour long drive home. Got her in the house and after scouting out the place a few minutes she peed right on the floor. Took her outside for a good 5 minutes and she did nothing. Brought her back in and within 30 seconds she pooped on the rug by the back door.

She has since peed twice and pooped once in her crate. Even though we take her outside plenty.

Her stool has now become almost diarrhea like. I am hoping this is all because of the shock of being brought into a new environment and her whole world turned upside down.

She hasn't ate much since she got here and we are feeding her the same food the breeder did. We did give her dental bone and she pretty much ate the whole thing. Maybe that is some of the problem as well.

Lastly, the breeder had a fenced in yard and said she was good about going outside to do her business. We don't have a fence, so we took her out on a leash, she absolutely hated it, and was more concerned with it than what she was out there for I guess...... Sunday I am going to erect a small fenced in area in hopes that will ease some of these problems.

It's gotta get better right?  :)

I also want to add that we had our children and the grand kids over, so maybe it was too much, too soon for her to handle. She got very little rest since she got here.

Right now she is sleeping peacefully and being an Angel 

Views: 637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just wanted to check in to see how things were going.  Just know that things will get better and that the DK family is here for you.  We've all been there, some more than others, so we totally understand your frustration.  Good luck and keep us posted.

It has gotten worse.

She gets so worked up she almost passes out from all the whelping and crying. This in turns gives her extreme diarrhea and then everything within 2 feet of the crate including her is a terrible mess.

Now she will walk right in the crate and poop and pee - I guess to show how much she hates it.

So sorry to hear that things have gotten worse.  It sounds like she REALLY hates being confined to her crate. Maybe you can train her to use wee pads or a "litter" box.  When Dougie was a puppy, his breeder trained all of the pups to relieve themselves in a make shift litter box--a big circular box, filled with wood shavings (the type that you see in hamster cages, can be purchased at pet stores).  The pups would stop abruptly, go to the the litter box, relieve themselves, then come back to play.  It was the cutest thing...  Try creating an area in your yard and/or in your home to see if it works.  As a last resort, maybe even put that crate outside in your yard, lined with wee pads, to see if she will go there to relieve herself.  I know that these ideas aren't ideal but they might work.  I hope that things get better soon.  We are rooting for you.

oh dear.  I would be at wit's end, too.  Did you get to fence in an area in the yard?  how about an x-pen in the kitchen for when you have to leave her, or Lynda's idea for a baby playpen?  

good luck, it will get better, but I understand your frustration.  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service