DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So my doodle has very rough paw pads. So rough that sometimes it scrapes my skin when she is playing with me. I never had this problem with my springer spaniel. In any case, my groomer gave me some Mushers Secret, which is like a paw emollient in an effort to help with this. But it hasn't seem to help much. Her paws are like 60 grit sandpaper. Does anyone have suggestions?

Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gavin's are like this too.  They are ok if you run you finger over them from front to back, but if you try to go back to front - whoa!  We walk alot on sidewalks and roads.  I see it as calous and think its good to toughen and protect his pads, so have not been concerned.
Remi's pads are bad too.  So bad that they sometimes crack open :(

I keep Tender Paw on Shelbys feet every other day!  It is a lotion espically for a dogs PH.

Try it,  it works for Shelby and I got it at PETCO.

We use musher's secret....We live in CA and we either visit the snow, or the hot beach campground and sand. My girls will lick it off unattended but we have learned to put it on in the car....it's fabulous.  HOWEVER.....There is another product called Bag Balm which they use for cow utters...it's almost 100% lanolin, it works well for evenings while they sleep.
Donna - just a little star trivia for you.  I was watching a Shania Twain interview a couple of years ago and she stated that she used Bag Balm on her hands and feet. If its good enough for Shania it's surely good enough for our Doodles.
hahaha..I know right? I've used it on my feet too, truth be told <shhhhhh> =)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service