DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Many years ago, around 2007 Sophie was rescued by Second Chance Animal Rescue in Minnesota. She was blind and DoodleKisses helped to raise enough money to fix her eyesight. Sophie had a new lease on life and found her forever family with us as failed foster parents. She was here to welcome two beautiful children into our family and enjoy a wonderful life. Today we found out that Sophie has weeks to live with cancer that has spread through her body. Unfortunately she will not live to meet our third baby girl. At the age of 12 she has been in a calendar, lived on a lake, enjoyed many pontoon rides and has entertained us with her doodle antics. We have her on meds now to try and keep her comfortable, shrink the tumor, and improve her breathing while we try to enjoy just a little more time with her. Her presence in our family is irreplaceable and we are forever grateful to all of you at DoodleKisses & also Second Chance Animal Rescue.

We are devistated and can not imagine life without her. 

Views: 615

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so very sorry, Liz. Losing a very loved family friend is such a hard thing to go through. In looking at pictures of Sophie, there are quite a few pictures of my girl. They were such great friends. They will be together again, playing, running, and enjoying each other again. Abby is waiting for her.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Abby!

They were such good pals ❤️

This makes me so sad because I know how much a dog completes a family. Thank you for giving Sophie a good life and I hope the meds. give you more time with her. I am so sorry for all of you!

Thanks she seems to be a bit better with the meds, at least she will feel a little better for a short time 

I’m so sorry to read this. Thank you for giving Sophie such a wonderful home and family. I will hope the meds give you some more precious time with her. Losing your beloved pet brings such sorrow. 

Thank you! The members of this site gave her a new lease on life all of those years ago- she really has a great story

Dear Elizabeth,

I am so sorry your family is going through this very hard time.  I know Sophie is not a pet, but a family member.  You gave her an awesome life and I think you are both blessed to have each other.  She will always be a part of you.

Our doodle is our first dog for our children and they love her beyond words.  Recently they heard a friend of our’s Golden Retriever passing away due to cancer.  And our Nala looks more Retriever than anything...so of course their minds started racing and worrying.

And so I told them this.  We don’t know what life has in store.  But Nala was going to be born and aren’t we lucky that we were the ones chosen to be her family,  no matter what happens.  Wouldn’t have it any other way, even though the time will come to say goodbye.  I cried when I read your post.  

Sending you strength and prayers,

Christine 

I am so sorry to hear this.   Thank you for giving Sophie a great life.

So sad and sorry. Sending prayers and hugs.

So sorry to hear. You gave Sophie a wonderful life and see definitely touched you and your family

It sounds like she landed just where she belonged and lived a life that most off us would love to live ourselves.  May you remaining days be full of wonderful memories.  Thinking of you all.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service