DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

A couple weeks ago, Hershey got her first taste of chocolate.  She got into several chocolate covered apricots that were left in a baggie on a counter....  And she never counter-surfs...  ugh.

Tonight, my mom and I came back from a nice dinner to find that Hershey had eaten an ENTIRE sealed bag of Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Raspberry squares.  Individually packaged foil wrappers and all!!  After some quick math I figured that she ate about 150g of chocolate, give or take...  I quickly called the emergency vet (45 min away) and told the nurse on the line what had happened.  At 55 pounds, Hershey ate just enough chocolate to warrant an immediate 2T of hydrogen peroxide.  Of course, I had to run to the store cause we had none in the house!  Upon being force to imbibe the peroxide, she threw up all over the backyard...  little pink foil bits everywhere...  Now we're waiting an hour, barricaded in the kitchen, until I can give her 2T of Kaopectate.

Is it normal for them to just be dripping drool after all this??  She seems upset, but I think its just cause she's trapped in the kitchen.  :o(  Hopefully we're through the worst of it!

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mu Lucy did the same thing only with raw onions. I had no idea that onions are equally toxic as chocolate. The peroxode worked really well. She also threw up all over the back yard. She got very lethargic to the point of hanging her head over the side of the sofa. If you have any questions like the one you just asked, plaese call your vet asap. My vet insisted that I bring Lucy in for a check up in case she need to stay overnight for monitoring. Lucy did not drool after the treatment.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service