DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Kona is a very crazy, WILD puppy! She runs around so fast I'm worried she's going to hit the wall. She is just a little ball of energy. She looks so sweet and innocent when she's sleeping, but don't let that fool you, lol! I feel bad because we live in an apartment and I wish she had a backyard to play in and relieve some of her energy. I'm looking forward to when she can go on walks so that she can play outside.

Does anyone here have any advice on how to help her release some of this crazy energy? I'm hoping as she gets older she'll be more interested in cuddling and such :) I can't wait to see her grow.

Views: 357

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These bursts are called the zoomies and very typical of doodles especially as puppies. It is important to give them places to run and jump to get energy out, but even if they have this, most doodle pups still get the zoomies.

Hi Lauren!  I suggest you join the Puppy Madness Group here on DK and post this there.  You will get lots of advice from folks with young pups who get the zoomies all the time!  Kona is a cutie!!  Enjoy her!  

Oops, should've posted this discussion in Puppy Madness - completely spaced! Sorry about that!

Zoomies strike again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enzo's witching hour was every night between 6 and 7.  If I only had a nickel for every time I rolled a ball down our long hallway!    Good news is...they outgrow it....somewhat!  ;)

Lol, it was pretty funny to watch! She ran around the coffee table again and again and again for a good little while. It amazed me how fast she was running. Good thing is we have a long hallway as well - she loves for me to throw a toy down it and she'll run after it and bring it back to me. She's also become obsessed with this certain ball, it's too big to fit in her mouth so she just barks at it. And as it rolls away, she very slowly approaches it, acting as if she's scared of it. Too funny!!

Bailey still runs crazy circles around our coffee table!  

The zoomies! The most fun is to watch someone who has never experienced the zoomies, see it for the first time! They would swear the puppy's possessed! But  no, its just a doodle puppy with the zoomies lol I don't think there's a cure for it.  They just grow out of it…sort of ;)

Sawyer gets zoomies after a bath... Every time. He goes crazy. He's such a good dog, he actually jumps in the tub all by himself when it's bath time and then jumps out when I tell him he's done. I towel him off and then he runs around our bedroom for 30 minutes! Over the bed, under the bed, around the room, jump and spins on his dog bed...repeat! Too funny.
I can totally sympathize! Maple can be such a nut, sometimes it can almost be disturbing? But then soo sweet and quite sometimes. Go figure, she a puppy. I will say I started walking her to the beach, a few hundred yards away, where she can run off leash. Just started around 3 1/2 months-sooner than I thought I would. It made a HUGE difference. She's so much more content. Even if we go for just a few minutes. Of course this means more mini baths.

Crazy thing is, Kona is NEVER quiet or super sweet/cuddly, except when she is sleeping! I'm beginning to wonder if this is normal or not? I'm new to puppyhood. Every second she's out of her crate, she's running around like wild, biting/chewing everything, chasing everything, just going insane! It's cute, but very exhausting after a while. I hope this is something she grows out of as she gets older. Good luck with Maple, she is too precious!

LOL...there is no doubt, some pups are definitely more rambunctious than others. And the good news is, most calm down with maturity.

Haha and Kona is definitely a rambunctious one! Funny though, (knock on wood) she does great in her crate. When I put her in at night she doesn't make a peep. She'll whine a little in the middle of the night when she needs to go to the bathroom, but that's it. There's no doubt she's a sweet girl, she's just crazy :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service