DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Brenna, mom blond doodle, dad, black poodle and Brenna is the worst shedding dog I have ever owned.

I bought her because doodles don't shed and I have black hair all over my house, help

Views: 638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also the deshedding does not eliminate the shedding but it does help alot. I have a pug also and I do it often. But I am also a groomer so I have all the resources. I find find the more you care for the coat to less problematic it is.

Any breeder who tells you Doodles are non shedding, aren't being honest. It does happen. Usually an experienced breeder knows very early after the puppy is born. Mine don't shed but I know lots of Doodles who do. What has your breeder said?

We all have dogs with various degrees of shedding.  With our doodle, only the hair on her tail sheds, but we have to really keep on top of brushing her so she doesn't mat, and we also have a Weimaraner who sheds some.  But all of the grass, pine needles, and sand they bring into the house on a daily basis is far more than the hair, so i'm constantly cleaning anyways.  Buy a good vacuum and love your dog regardless of the hairs she leaves behind. 

Agree that more comes in from the yard than is left from shedding :)

No guarantees on shedding.

My girl is the product of a Golden Retriever and a Black Standard Poodle - - a litter of ten and about an even split as to curly, wavy, straight, shedding, non shedding - we had the puppy blow out and had her clipped short. Soon afterwards we determined that she sheds like a cat! Black tufts and curls all over. So what? I clean it up - we keep her short and brushing/combing needed. Keeping her clipped is much easier.

I

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service