DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

SMACKING STUPID PEOPLE IN THE FACE SO HARD THEY MIGHT GET SMARTER

Nice name for a new private group. This new group is really a nice way to get new doodle owners to participate and not be hesitant to ask questions about their new doodle puppy.

I am one of those newbies. I guess i won't ask any questions... just search for answers and hope someone else has already asked.

Views: 117

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Why do you have to have an offensive name to the group?
First of all, the group is a "group effort" not a "Chat with Jacquie" forum that as I explained is an off-shoot of an existing humor group of over One Million members on Facebook.....It is FOR HUMOR PURPOSES ONLY for people who want to participate in HUMOROUS discussions and was originally a PUBLIC group for all to particiapte in until Adina requested that I make it PRIVATE....Which I did...So frankly, as I don't have access to The Breeder's Group or other PRIVATE groups in this forum, I don't feel that it's anyone's business what is discussed in there unless you happen to join the group.....As you know, I am not one to hide my feelings or opinions..lol... and if I happen to have an issue with a particular DK member I make in known in the public forum.....I don't need a private group to hide behind....
Amen!!!!
I absolutely agree...it's this kind of stuff along with a couple members gone wild and having free rein that has caused me to be inactive in this site....it's really a shame.
Yeah....DKMJKL right Lori?....(What ever that means).....So it took this discussion to drag you and Georgia and Sammi back in here?...........we have explained the situatuation..... but if you feel you have to continue this discussion so be it.....
Wendy I am right there with you on this. Having been a member for DK for a good while now I have become very frustrated as of late. I feel that too many participants are using DK as a forum to sit on their "high horses" and sound off on whatever they can.

I joined DK to share useful information and fun experiences not to read nasty posts and responses from people with WAY too much time on their hands. I applaud you for saying something and I hope that people use some more tact and thought from now on.
I won't add much to the discussion... However, in my experience, positive reinforcement is a much more effective teaching tool, rather than the use of punishment.

That being said, I've learned a great deal from reading postings on this site. Please, keep asking and reading. DK is a great resource.
As a rule, I normally do not get involved with discussions like this as I regard them as no win situations, but I am breaking my own rule this time. While I certainly understand that this is a PRIVATE discussion group and that I do not need to join if I am offended or do not want to, the title of the group in all caps, mind you--is right there on the public discussion list. I must be missing something as I thought that doodlekisses was all about having our questions answered whether or not we were comfortable with posing the questions ourselves--the very reason you felt the need to start your group. I 'trolled' the site long before we got our puppy, never asking anything but learning so very much which eventually led to my joining in the first place. I feel that there is lots of good-hearted and good-natured humor in almost all the discussions and blogs on DK and that is one of the reasons why I am not only a doodle addict but a DK addict as well. I think if you want to 'slap stupid people in the face' then you should do so on Facebook. We are happy doodle owners...I like to think we get our laughs from our fun-loving and sometimes goofy doodles!
Well said.
You guys are right... this ain't cool.

Let me start off by saying that I like dark humor as much as anyone. I laugh at things that others find inappropriate. Remember when the piano fell on (and killed!) the Yorkie in "A Fish Called Wanda"? Yup, I was almost crying from laughter at that point. Don Rickles? Love him. Triumph the Insult Comic Dog? Funny stuff. Here's a joke I told Adina the other day: "If a tree in the forest falls on a dead baby and there's no one there to hear it... is it still hilarious?!?!?" Now, Adina didn't really find it as funny as I did. (I chalk it up to her being all hormonal and pregnant and stuff... GEEZ ADINA!!!;-)

But this is different. This isn't funny. Maybe it's because none of us "get it". Maybe because it so completely lacks the context that is REQUIRED for any dark humor to actually be funny. Do I actually laugh when dogs are killed (even Yorkies!)??? NO. But in the context of that movie it was hilarious. A fun community of dog lovers isn't the place to "smack the $#/+ out of stupid people"... no matter what anyone's personal issues are that day. Are there forums where that is appropriate? Sure! But it's not appropriate on Doodle Kisses.

Jacquie, you said "The group is PRIVATE so as not to offend.....So unless you are worried that you may happen to be the topic of one of our "Stupid People" discussions, and quite frankly I have better and bigger things to discuss than you.... lighten up and get over it..." Come on. That just isn't completely true. The group is only private because Adina made you make it private to try and mitigate the offensiveness. But that apparently wasn't offensive enough for you guys. So you started "slapping" people in the public forums to be REALLY offensive. And you changed the wording of your group to include real vulgarity instead of just hinting at it. Really, you need to swear in your group description? (I see you've just changed it to "CRAP". Thanks but... still not appropriate.)

Another reason so few find this funny is because maybe, just maybe it really IS done with malice. It doesn't take much reading to figure out that there is some real snark felt toward newbies, etc. by some members of this group. Long rants about the idiots on DK, etc. You know coming to Doodle Kisses is voluntary, right? Just checkin'. ;-)

I too am sometimes frustrated by posts where it seems the person has done no 'homework' to find a solution for themselves. I used to be more involved in Volkswagen forums and one of my favorite acronyms was RTFM. Kinda funny to use when a newbie once again asks how to change his spark plugs, right? "RTFM." That worked because 1) there WAS a manual, 2) the procedures were identical for all users, and 3) it was a group of guys where that behavior was accepted. As we all know, with dogs there is NO identical behavior or procedure or correct response or anything like that. Every dog is unique, every owner is unique, and every situation is unique. People need to be able to ask questions and receive answers, opinions, and reassurance. That's what Doodle Kisses is for: meeting people with a similar interest for open discussion and, dare I say it, fun!

Doodle Kisses is a helpful and friendly community. We plan to keep it that way. Ranting about 'idiots' does not make anyone less of an 'idiot'. So unless someone helps those 'idiots' so they know better, they will never act better. Unless someone that knows more helps the person who knows less, no one's idiot behavior will ever change. (Now, let's all sing "The Circle of Life" together.) And by the way, we don't call them idiots, we just think of them as someone who knows less than us about this one particular topic.

And if you want humor, why not be self-deprecating instead of aiming for innocent and unsuspecting members? Call the group "The Bitchy, Ranting, Rescue Chicks", "The Rabid Hot-flashin' Cougers" or whatever you want. But as it is, it is offensive toward others. And it was meant to be offensive. It is not appropriate for Doodle Kisses.

Doodle Kisses is not the place for this group. Leave it on Facebook. Put it on your own site where all the people 'get it'. But let's get it off of Doodle Kisses, OK?

Thx!
Clark Pearson
DookleKisses Techie and Snide Humor Consultant

PS. I'll take this group down tomorrow morning if it's still here.
Clark -
quit it with the Hot Flashes!!! You haven't lived until you have had one, two - million!!!!! LOL!!!
Oh, and I totally agree with Adina that the baby joke needs to be taken out of your repertoire.
Adrianne
Oh come on Adrianne! We both know that the only thing funnier than a dead baby is a dead baby in a clown costume.

[This marks the end of all dead baby jokes on Doodle Kisses. Really... take it to the private Warped Humor group young man!]

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service