DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi everyone,

Have you ever had your doodle's pads on his/her paws get sore? Molly's have gotten tears in them twice in the last month. We called our vet, and she said to put Neosporin on them.  It seems excruciating for Molly, so I've had to carry her out to pee yesterday and today. Even the grass seems to bother her. Our vet said it's like walking on a raw nerve. I am close to buying her sneakers--other than that, is there any other way to prevent or treat this? I've had many dogs over the years, and I've never experienced this. Is this a common doodle problem?

Kevin

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know about how common it is.  I do know that if you soak them in salt water they will heal faster.
Good idea. I also liked the idea of the cold tea bags on the old discussion. Thanks!

That happened to Murphy, and the Vet told me that his pads were very soft....so subject to injury.  I took him to the Vet and she cleaned them really well and then used the ointment and then he had to stay bandaged for a few days so they could heal.  By about the fourth day he was doing much better.  Here's what the bandages looked like.

Poor Murphy! At least the bandages looked nice!
So cute!!!

It is really important you read some of these discussions.  Paw pad injuries should be taken serious.  Here are some discussions on remedies and when to take them seriously, when to call the vet back, wrapping the pads, or just letting him rest.  Here are just a few I found. Good Luck

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/from-ripped-to-cracked-paw

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/helpbrinkleys-pads-are

Thanks for finding these. Yes, we are taking this seriously. She's a little better today, but I'm still putting socks on when we go out.

I use Mushers Secret on Jack's paws about two times a month, or every three weeks It adds a slight protection from the elements outside, however, you do not want to apply this too much as it will make their pads even softer, making it more subject to damage.

I will look for Mushers. It looks like a good preventative measure. Thanks!
Don't the dogs lick this stuff off???
I think that's a very good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. And they look great on Hattie!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service