DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My Misty, who will be 6 months old tomorrow, was spayed on March 9th and she hasn't been herself since. She went in at 40 lbs. and she's already down to 35 lbs. She's lethargic and throwing up (not as much now, as before) She also isn't eating her dog food at all. She'll eat other stuff we give her, but sometimes she even refuses steak. She hasn't had a bowel movement since Monday (4 days ago). The vet has been monitoring her and he's giving her shots of antibiotic every 2 days. I'm starting to wonder if she has some sort of allergic reaction to the antibiotic. I'm so worried about her. Has anyone dealt with this, in the past, with their baby girl? I just want to see her get excited about something.

Views: 619

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still sending out good vibes and love to Misty and her family......

~Danielle
I'm just catching up. What a terrible thing to happen. But it looks like your story is on it's way to a happy ending. I hope Misty gets to come home soon.
wow what a terrible thing to have to go through! Misty is lucky to ahve a mom like you! You knew something was very wrong and I applaud you for staying your ground and continuing to demand answers.
Here's the latest Misty update. We brought her home on Tuesday, very weak. It was so sad to see her like that, but we knew she would be better off home. Yesterday, there was little change, but today, she is definitely showing major signs of improvement. She's much more alert and remembering that she's a puppy. We just got news about the biopsy. It showed no signs of cancer and other tests they have done, came back negative. So she just needs some recuperation time and she'll be ready for a doodle romp.
That is fantastic news!! When she is up to it we will have to have a 'coming out' party for her - how about the beach? I think she will love that!! How long does the vet feel she needs to be home recuperating?

Will you tell me which vet you were using? I am looking for a new one and want to make sure I don't find that one.

So happy for the great update!!!!!
The beach sounds great. I'll know how long recup is, when she goes for a follow-up, next Tuesday. The vet I was using, is Easton Animal Clinic, in Somerset. I need to find a new one now.
Oh my gosh, I can only imagine the huge relief you're feeling. That's terrific news!!!! Sounds like she'll be back to the regularly-scheduled puppy craziness in no time ;). So happy for you guys!!!!
OH Misty, Here is a great big hug for you {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Lucy and I are soooo happy for you right now. We know you are going to be fine. What a relief !! Please Please do not go back to that vet that did the surgery again. I would verbally pass the word around too to anyone that mentions that they are going to take their pet there or are already taking their pet there. We are so glad you came to DK and gave us the opportunity to help you through this. We are going to keep Misty in our thoughts and prayers as she recovers and gets stronger. Whew
I know you've been with us the whole time and thank you. I can't say it enough, Thank you everyone for your support.
HUGS!!!!!
Karen,
I am so happy for you and Misty. Does she have an appetite yet? How about going potty? I am still so curious about how her liver twisted. Sending you doodle hugs.
I am late coming into this thread and am thrilled that Misty is doing better. I just want to say what a wonderful group of people are here, I am so glad I found Doodlekisses.
I haven't been on in a while, as I was hoping time would award me a good update on Misty's condition. She came out of her liver surgery ok, but we have been battling kidney failure, due to the duration of her liver being torsed. She has bounced back outwardly, but her bloodwork is not hopeful. So it's just one day at a time for us.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service