DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Lucy came back from the groomer with much less hair than expected. She LOVES to be outside, especially in the snow like this am. It is cold ( balmy here in RI at 30-34 compared to the midwest and up north!) It has snowed 2 x this week, which is very unusual. Kids want to put sweaters on her. She didn't mind a vest that didn't tug on her shoulders that they tried.
Question is: at what point would she NEED to be given a sweater? She's a big doodle (70 lbs) but her new cut is super super short like for summer! If she's out, we're walking and/or playing, so I'm guessing she'd be fine. However, she likes to SIT in the SNOW for a long time and watch the squirrels.... usually I just let her out and she comes back when she wants.

Views: 191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree- Lucy is usually that way too. But her "summer cut" for December isn't going to work. Going down to 17 degrees tonight. Luckily she's seemed happy borrowing a polar fleece vest from me!
But I started shopping and I saw Duluth Trading post has a nice one at a reasonable price. http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/departments/-specialty-shops/dog...
Now I'm thinking even when she's got her hair again, it'd be nice to put something on her to keep her from getting so wet on snowy days!
Lucy just loves the cold temps. The colder the better. She wants out and wants to stay out. We have a wood burner and it is very warm in the house, too warm for me let alone Lucy. So, she goes out on the deck alot and just lays there. The only thing I worry about her out in the cold snow and low temps is her paws. I have been looking for something to put on her though, just for the fact of keeping her clean in this raining sloppy weather we are having right now. She gets all groomed up and then just going out to pee she will get wet and dirty. That is the only reason I would wear something on her and only in this yucky weather.
Old Navy has some absolutely ADORABLE ski jackets for the dogs! Every year, I go and buy that year's new style....even tho we live in sunny Florida, Beau has a whole wardrobe of them! LOL We also mailed a pink one to Beau's sister in Wisconsin.
Here she is....
Attachments:

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service