DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Did anyone see the story with Michelle Obama telling a story....
'last night, around 10pm, we woke up to noise in the next room. It was Bo, playing with his ball'. I guess he is not be crate trained.
When asked by a little boy what she would do if Bo ran away - part of her reply is to make sure he is wearing his 'tags' - she didn't say anything about him being microchipped.
Did you see Bo walking the First Lady? She was being pulled off her feet. Where is the training?? They are not being responsible dog owners and educating the public, who look up to them.
So thrilled they went with the PWG and not a Doodle. He is gorgeous!!!

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOL
Nothing frightens me more than children and animals who behave inappropriate for their age.
When I used to see children who sat perfectly still, never moved, never spoke, it worried me. They were either sick or afraid or over disciplined. . Same for goes for puppies. Puppies who don't act like puppies are either sick afraid, or dangerous. I'm just glad they got a normal dog--one who barks and pulls but will soon learn. I also hope it chews things up and sneaks of pee on the carpet occasionally. Everyone needs to have a real dog.
Does that mean I have the perfect dog - Rosie chews up everything in sight, pulls on the leash and pees on the floor but she's not a barker. Right now she is at Puppy Boot Camp for two weeks. Perhaps the Obamas should try that.
Oh boy! Puppy boot camp sounds great. I think maybe we need to duke it out for the perfect dog though as Phoebe chews everything in sight, pulls on the leash something fierce, pees on the floor--with an occasional poop for good measure, and barks--loudly--when she wants food or attention. But, I bet we would not trade either of them for anything, right?
Yep, sounds like you have a dog. Don't know a thing about Boot Camp. It will be a dog when it returns. So take it for about 3-4 walks a day at least. Then give it cardboard boxes to chew. Its a dog. It wants exercise, a chew, and an occasional bark.
I saw an article on people.com saying the same thing. I am amazed that they would not have the puppy in a crate. Although, maybe it is the night guards job to watch the puppy. I also saw the picture of her being walked, but if they really are doing the training for the puppy I give them a lot of credit for doing it in front of the cameras. I know that I would have a hard time seeing pictures of me as Riley is taking off after a leaf on our walk like some kind of crazy dog and pulling my arm out of the socket because I wasn't expecting it.
I think the point I was trying to make got lost in the translation. I am hoping that the First Family they use their public spotlight and their new experiences on being first time dog parents to educate the people of the U.S. about the best way to raise a dog; not just the crate or not the crate, I mean spaying, neuter, food, microchipping, rehoming, rescuing, puppymills, etc, all the things that we discuss here in DK. Not everyone has a DK in their lives to get info and support.
I think the President & the First Lady have an obligation to bring these issues into the spotlight. They may not be as important as the economy and the war but it is an evergrowing problem here, especially with the money situation being such a problem and will probably get worse (tho I pray it doesn't) and it is the furkids who are the first to get booted out of the house.
I read some where online that they got the dog from Ted Kennedy (he has PWD's), and that his (Ted's) dog trainers were the ones training Bo. It also said that Bo was already potty trained. How old is the puppy?
I do not remember where I read it but It stuck in my head.

I love PWD's our friends have one and they are cute.Not Doodle cute but cute. Mickey (our friends dog) looks just like Bo.
This is the Obama's first dog. They will learn and their dog will survive and thrive. There is no one correct way to raise a good dog. They don't have to use a crate. They don't have to microchip, They don't have to make their own dog food. They don't have to have a perfectly trained dog if they don't want to. Their dog is not a representative of anything - it is their private family pet. The media started it and the rest of us got so caught up in all the hoopla that we forget - two children are getting their first pet. If it pulls Michelle Obama across the White House Lawn, so what? Everything doesn't have to be political or a chance to push a cause. Putting them down or making snide comments because their dog may not be a rescue or might chew up something is actually none of our business. Sorry for the ranting but I am tired of hearing the put downs (not just here) about their choice and what they are or aren't doing. I have had dogs since I was a little girl who lived long healthy lives as dear members of our family but they were allowed to be dogs. They were not all treated the same - our preferences and allowances evolved over the years and changed with the dog.
Oops, maybe I should have taken this to the debate group!
I say, relax, sit back and give them a chance with their new puppy. We all saw pictures of Michelle being pulled across the White House lawn on the first day Bo arrived at his new home. PWDs are high energy pups and no doubt he was excited by his new surroundings, family, camera crews etc. It is okay for the puppy to be exuberant. I am sure he will settle in and the Obamas will be responsible pet owners and provide all Bo's needs including love, cuddles, good food, exercise and training. Just watch and see. Let's give them Kuods for taking their time with their choice and the timing for the puppy's arrival after they have settled into their new home. It all sounds very responsible and deliberate so far. I'm sure they will not let Bo down in providing for him

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service