DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I know some of you had wart like growths removed from your doodles lip , but has it grown back ? Jasper's was removed in decemember ,the vet decided not to do a biopsy . This time it grew back very rapidly and it's a bigger cluster of them . Is this something I should worry about ? The vet is doing a biopsy this time .  Have any of you had this problem ?

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, Gracie's never returned. Try supplementing with L-lysine caps from the health food store. I just opened the cap and put it over Gracie's food. It should booster the immune system. I did this for a couple of months. How old is he?
He is 17months . We are also dealing with some allergie problems , a rash on his belly . I started him on evening primrose oil a week ago and benadrly 3 weeks before that . do you think this is all connected ?
No, I don't think a connection is likely.
Peri's viral papalloma is still hanging around. My vet said it is not typical for them to return once they leave. I do know it occurs more in puppies whose immune systems are not as developed - my 6 year old chihuahua has not caught the virus or developed the bumps. I agree with Tammy that Jasper's immune system may need a boost. But I would definitely do the biopsy if my vet recommended it.

Please keep us posted!!!!!
It certainly seems possible that the papillomas have returned. This happens in people. However, a biopsy is the only definitive way to tell what you're treating and how best to treat it.
Mine had a growth removed from his lip in October. It was biopsied and thank goodness it was benign. The best I can tell it was either an ingrown hair or fatty tissue, trying to decipher the medical mumbo jumbo. It did look like a wart. I posted the whole biopsy report here on Doodlekisses. I was advised to put him on fish oil (Omega 3), which I add to his food occasionally now. No reoccurrences, and I hope there will not be any. Although the removal and the biopsy were costly (about $900, including a teeth cleaning, while he was anesthetised), I would never have had it removed without finding out what it was.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service