DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This Is A Random Question - But Does Anyone Have Experience With Bulldogs?

Hi Everyone :)  Ok, this is a randome question for DoodleKisses but know everyone on here is an dog lover and I know lots of us, besides having doodles, also have other dog breeds.  So I'm hoping someone can help us.  Our English Bulldog, Roxie, she has very badly infected eye folds.  It's always been red and we always clean the location and use a baking soda paste to get rid of the redness, but this is the first time it's ever been this infected.  It actually started bleeding.  I'm thinking of calling our vet tomorrow to see what they suggest, but does anyone know any home remedies to help the redness and infection?

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just called my vet... it's after hours but one of the vets was in the office... Rox has an appointment tomorrow at 11:00am... they said they are seeing a lot of bulldogs with this problem... the vet said most likely it's the heat that's made it get so bad.  She told me to use a mild soap, after washing it dry it as much as possible, and to bring her in tomorrow.  My poor baby :(  Thank you all for your help.  I really appreciate it.

How wonderful that you were able to speak to the vet. Let us know the results, we like to learn.

Will do :) 

Good Luck. I hope she's ok!

So Roxie went to the vet today.  The vet said we're lucky because the infection was caught early, and luckily for us it was not yeast related but bacteria related which she said is a lot easier to treat.  So Miss Roxie now has a facial scrub that we need to use twice a day, followed by a medicated powder that needs to be applied twice a day, and a dose of antibiotics that she needs to take once a day.  This is for ten days.  After ten days she needs to go back and be rechecked.  Poor baby girl, I know she's gonna fight my husband and I tooth and nail every time we try to use the facial scrub and powder.  Pills she's good with taking... just hide it in some peanut butter :)  Thank you again everyone for your help and for reccommending I call my vet.

Thanks for the update and I'm glad you caught it early. I hope Roxie heals quickly.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service