DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had a good experience with a pet transportation service? My family is going to be new goldendoodle owners in December. Our new baby girl is set to be born the 2nd week in Oct and will come home 8 wks later. The problem is our breeder is 10 hours south of us. She recommended one person. We spoke with him and he seems ok but i have no way to compare his pricing and service. I was hoping to check out another person or two as i want the best possible travel for our little girl. I am looking for ground transportation. I'm not comfortable having her fly on a plane. I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks 

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know of any but personally I would go and pick up my puppy. I would want to make sure that I got the puppy I was promised, that everything the breeder said to me was the truth and I got all the documentation in my hand (sorry but I trust no one). There have just been too many stories where things were not on the up and up.

How about flying? I was able to use frequent flyer miles when I adopted Charli. I was on a flight in less than 4 hours from the time that I got the word that my application to adopt her was approved. She was tiny and fit in my pocketbook. 

I see you are from NJ.  What state will the puppy be coming from?

the puppy is in Georgia. 

Have you considered flying to the state where the puppy is located and driving home? Or purchasing a carrier and flying home with the puppy under your seat? If you put the word out on a forum like this and say you are looking for transport help from point A to B and a date, you might find someone who will be traveling your way and willing to help you out. Good luck - you have plenty of time to work out the details.

My thoughts are - road trip.  Take a weekend and drive to pick the pup up.  You won't regret it.

That may be a rough time to travel.  December weather is unpredictable.  I say, take a plane, then rent a car to drive home

But, if the pup is in Ohio, it has my mind maybe volunteering.

You know a doodle train would be very possible....lots of OH, PA, New York members, but first we have to find out WHERE the pup is coming from.

Just imagine, a chance to have a puppy for a few hours...scrumptious!

Think you guys were typing at the same time ... above it says Georiga (right about the time you posted).

Sorry, Joanne, I was operating on California weather where it doesn't matter what time of year it is.  :-} 

Thank you so much for all your ideas. I'm happy with the plan we have in place, just thought i would see if others had good experiences with ground  transportation services. I hate rushing any day but I'm so ready for her to be a part of our family already! Hope to post pictures in the next few weeks :)  Thanks again

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service