DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

It's been a week since we traveled to VA Tech to get a second opinion. We were there Monday through Wednesday last week and saw internists and pathologists. They did a whole series of blood work and a couple of ultrasounds and biopsies. On Wednesday, Cooper was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and an Auto Immune Disease. Unfortunately, this cancer is not treatable because it has spread to his stomach and maybe other organs too. We had a choice of doing a surgery on him or not. We chose not to put him through the surgery because the doctors were sure that if he survive the surgery, he won't have a quality of life.  So we came home heartbroken. 

We are going to say goodbye to our sweet boy Cooper tomorrow evening at home.  Please pray for my whole family that we will have the strength in our hearts to go through this end of life process with Cooper and find peace and comfort with what is left with us. 

Views: 650

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry about Cooper. My heart goes out to you!

I'm so very sorry :(. Cooper knows you love him and doing what is best for him. This post really brought tears to my eyes, especially since my doodle is also named Cooper. (((hugs)))

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service