DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

****UPDATE****2010 DOODLE KISSES CALENDAR is Now Accepting PHOTO SUBMISSIONS!!!

We are now accepting doodle photo submissions for our 2010 Doodle Kisses Calendar! The information below is very important, please don't just skim it...READ IT CAREFULLY!

Here is the criteria for photo submissions:

1) ***update*** YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF DK to be eligible--and YOUR doodle must be in the photo. This means, for example, if you have a friend with a doodle or are a breeder you may NOT submit a photo of a doodle you do not currently own or a puppy that you are going to sell. Obviously if YOUR doodle is in a photo with a non-DK doodle that's fine. BUT YOUR doodle MUST be in the photo.

2) Photo must be high resolution. This means pretty much the photo should be straight out of your camera to your computer to me with NO size editing or cropping. Another way to know if your photo is high resolution is when you are looking at it in its FULL size...it should be bigger than your computer screen. If it's not, then it's too small and it will not be considered (this means no camera-phone photos).

3) Photos, of course, must be of excellent quality. Clear without any blurriness, good lighting. ***update*** think about not only how cute your doodle is but what's in the background.... If your doodle looks great but the background does not, is cluttered or detracts from the photo, rethink the photo. In the end it is subjective but it might help you in selecting what to submit.

4) No humans in the photo...only your doodle(s).

5) Professional photos are NOT necessary but acceptable. ***update*** By submitting photos taken by a professional photographer you are claiming you have the photographer's express permission to submit the photo for a calendar that will be sold. They own the copyright, even if they gave you the digital files. Unless you signed a contract with them that says otherwise, you need to have their express permission to use a photo in a product that will be sold. If you don't have this permission, get it or don't submit the photo.

6) A photo that shows your doodle clearly (face visible more or less--i.e. not turned away from the camera).

Photo Submission Process:

1) ONLY ONE PHOTO PER EMAIL, but you may submit as many as five emails total.

2) Send your photos to ___to be announced ___

3) Be sure to mention what type of doodle is in each photo (labradoodle, goldendoodle, whatadoodle?) and your DK profile name.

That's it!

Deadline for Submissions: October 15th, 2009---please bookmark this discussion or click "Follow" at the bottom of the thread to say up-to-date on any changes which DK Admin reserve the right to make at any time. It will be your responsibility to keep informed on this by reading through the responses to this discussion because these may contain clarification and additional tips. Selection of final calendar photos will be done by DK Admin and is subject to their best judgment

***As always a portion of proceeds from sales will be donated to rescue

Views: 193

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Someone gave me a poodle calendar, that was as close to a doodle calendar as he could find I guess. Both my dogs at one or another time have barked at the images. They love real dogs but not photos . Luca still gets riled up at TV animals sometimes. They will, of course, love the doodle calendar, just hope they don't look too realistic. Maybe if they calendar has scratch and sniff with a doodle scent they'll be fine!
Scratch and Scent - Ned, who loves paper, would love it! Me cleaning up after him - not so much. Adina, do you really not want pictures that aren't faces straight to the camera? Also, I have one one Nancie Casey's Gracie (F1goldendoodle and Ned, mini, ALD) that I was thinking of submitting, however there would be two doodles in the photo. Would that type of thing be ok to submit for consideration or are you looking more for a single doodle in a photo - more portrait style?
Two doodles is okay with me. We had two doodles in at least one of the past calendars. What I won't use is a doodle and another breed--no offense to other breeds, but just to keep with the whole doodle theme =)

Doodles facing the camera will have a higher chance than doodles looking away...that said an AWESOME photo of a doodle not directly facing the camera may still work...it just will depend on the individual photo and what competition it has. It is nice to see a face...that's one of the reasons I fell in love with Ned's photo last year =)
Does that help? If I can't even SEE the face at all that's a definite OUT.... Looking somewhere other than the camera is iffy but possible for a really nice shot. Looking STRAIGHT at the camera or pretty darn close has a higher chance.
Makes sense to me. Just helps me weed out some photos that I love but aren't calendar quality. Like you said of a couple of your examples that while you love them, they aren't quite right for the calendars.
As I'm thinking about some of the calendar shots from last year...they weren't all looking AT the camera...but none were looking to the side or up above or anything like that. I think that's the main point...somewhere where I can see their face even if they aren't smiling directly at me =)
Hi Adina...Is there a particular format that the pictures should be in (jpeg, gif, etc.). Thanks
Jpeg is fine :)
Great. I missed the deadline last year. Hope my Graciedood will bw a star!

Thanks- John
Attachments:
Wow, she is a beauty! Make sure you understand how to enter her picture for this one because she is really gorgeous!!!!
Gorgeous!!!
Please no edited photos. This means no glowing boarders, decorative boarders, collages, or spicing it up. If you fix something simple like red eye or red rocket, fine. But no embellishments =) thank you!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service