DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Piper has been throwing up on and off since Friday morning. She has thrown up her food with in 30 min of eating it. She has thrown up bile also. She has been playful and herself. After throwing up yesterday I haven't giving her anything to eat. She did eat her chew though and kept that down. Any ideas of what it might be?

Views: 247

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My doodles go periods of a day where they may puke a couple of times (food or bile).  I usually skip a feeding then give them a little bit of boiled chicken and some rice and a tablespoon of pumpkin helps too.  If it goes any longer than 24 hrs. I take them to the vet.

Violet also had thrown up on Thurs night and Sunday morning in her crate.. she too is playful and seems ok ..I did call the vet...they just said  watch her... I guss my same advise for you too ? ..if it continues Iwill bring her in though..

I agree with giving her stomach a rest and giving her some boiled chicken and rice. Tara has a sensitive tummy at times and this always seems to work with her. Also it might be good to eliminate the chews and other treats until things calm down.

I gave her some pumpkin and she has kept that down. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Hope she continues to improve. :)

If she has been vomiting, even on and off, since Friday, that's already a few days.  I would at least call the vet.  Is she well hydrated?   Is she getting into something outside that might be making her sick? 

Hope all is well soon 

If Piper has been vomiting since Friday I would take her to the vet.

I agree with F.  Go to vet

Yes, definitely.  Please let us know how you make out.

Agreed. That is too long.  I recently went through this with Peri. She threw up two mornings in a row and I was prepared to take her in if it happened one more time. Luckily it didn't.

I encourange you to at least call the vet.

I wouldn't wait any more.  I'd take her to the vet.  She might need an anti-nausea medication, and fluids, if she's dehydrated.  Also, Pepcid can be given to settle her stomach; ask the vet first, of course.  I hope this is resolved soon, and that Piper feels better.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service