DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have a deposit in on puppy from the paw pad with Christine Phillips! We cant wait - she is due to come home in May. I am looking for references because I am doing this thru email and internet and unfortunately will not be able to fly to Chicago to pick up the puppy. Everything I have learned suggests that Christine's puppies are wonderful, but would still love to hear from any one who has a dog from the Paw Pad! In particular, I would be interested in hearing how the puppy did on the flight home?!

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a puppy from Christine (well, he's 1 1/2 yrs old now), and he's wonderful. But I live about 30 minutes from Christine, so I can't give you any info on the flights. But I can tell you that I made 2 visits to her home when I was picking out Halas, and the puppies and parents are treated very well. There's a Paw Pad Puppies group here on DK if you haven't joined it yet.
Thanks so much - that's great to hear! I will find the Paw Pad group and join!
HI- I don't know anything about your breeder but I can tell you about our experience flying our puppy from Virginia to Minnesota. It was a very traumatic experience for her. I WOULD NEVER DO IT AGAIN. She was so scared when we picked her up in baggage claim- it broke my heart. And now that we know her personality ( she is a sensitive little love dog ) I can only imagine how awful it must have been for her. I am sure the experience varies from dog to dog but my advice is make the trip and if you fly bring the puppy on board with you .
Thanks a lot ! She will certainly get a lot of love and attention when she gets here - we cant wait!
While I cannot offer you any reference on Paw Pad, I do want to put my two cents in for flying a puppy to your home. We had our little girl flown to MN from AR and she unfortunately had a layover in TX (a freak ice storm hit AR the day she was arrive to us and messed up our original plans). I was told by my breeder that Phoebe would be removed from the plane and taken care of in TX. She arrived here in a beautifully clean crate and she bounded into our arms a happy and calm puppy. She was given three doses of Albon before her trip to help with the possible queasy tummy and she was just fine. Sometimes, as was our case, it is not possible to pick up your puppy in person but, if you trust your breeder and 'say a little prayer', your puppy will arrive to you safe and sound. I look forward to seeing her photos on DK!
My Shelby is from The Paw Pad. She is a 6 month old standard F1b. We were very happy with our experience with the Paw Pad. We drove 5 hours to pick her up, so I am no help about the flight issues. Since I was farther away, I too made my decision through the internet, talking to Christine on the phone, emailing her, and emailing the references that she provided. Several of those talked to me at length. Feel free to contact me if you have any specific questions about The Paw Pad. In fact, I recommended them to a friends daughter. The daughter has since placed a deposit on a puppy. Good luck!! And keep asking questions until you are completely satisfied and feel comfortable.
Thanks so much. We are really excited. Does your F1b shed at all?
Thanks for you input!
I have two doodles that flew to me. One from Florida, and one from New York. They both handled it well, but one bounded out of the cage with nary a thought to what had just happened!

Good luck on your new puppy! I too, would have loved to pick up my puppies in person, but that was not something that was an option for me.

From Cappuccino
Thanks!
We have two pups from The Paw Pad....we did not have to fly them....We went to pickup Comiskey so we were able to see Christine's facility and home.....those pups sure get a great start in a wonderful loving home....the whole family is involved and it all works well for the pups.....we were so pleased with Comiskey that we went back for another one...Beemer....what fun they are....I am sure if you contact Christine...she will give you the contacts of some of the dogs that have flown...I know there have been several...in the mean time contact "j u l i e" in the Paw Pad group....her pup flew to Canada...I am sure she could give you some insight....p.s. your puppys Mom (Gracie) is my Comiskey's sister....feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.....oh, and congratulations....
Thanks so much! That sounds great! We are naming the puppy after her mother :)
Have you thought of asking the Doodle Train to bring the puppy so it doesn't have to fly?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service