DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Howdy from far west Texas!

We will meet our European Cream Golden Retriever (mom) and white standard poodle (father) goldendoodle in about 5 weeks! We just can't wait!  We get first pick of females behind the breeder's first pick.  We sure hope we get the curliest to waviest coat puppy with that opportunity.  This forum sure does seem like it will be very informative and I am looking forward to sharing pictures of our newest family member.  My daughter is counting down the days until we go meet Winslow and ultimately bring her home to meet our other 3 dogs.  We are anxious for "pupdates." 

Looking forward to this forum community!!

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome-you've come to the right place! Lots of good info. here...

Cant wait to see pictures...
It's so exciting-adding a newbie to your family!
My Jack will be about 16 weeks when you bring her home :)
Anticipation!

Congratulations!  I'm looking forward to photos.

Thank you.  We are too......looking forward to photos because it's been two weeks and we've only seen the newborn pics.  The breeder says they will do updates and we are patiently waiting; sort of!

Thank you all for the welcome....can't wait to have something to post as a parent of a doodle. Less than four weeks when we get to pick her and 2 weeks after that to pick her up.  Waiting on Winslow.......

I so know what you're going through!  Myla's breeder is awesome but she was definitely not good at sending pictures!  If she did, it was very late at night and I'm not kidding you, I would get up in the middle of the night to see if she had happened to send pictures.  The trouble was that Myla was one of 13 puppies and we didn't know which one would be ours until seven weeks - we only knew we were getting a female - but how to tell in pictures right?  This is such an exciting time and I'm glad you can spend time on here to learn so much information.  Don't forget to join groups - Puppy Madness is great for this time, Food Group, Training Group and of course, there are lots for personal interests!  When you get pictures, don't forget to share them!  I love seeing new puppy pictures!

Finally!  Our breeder sent 6 images of the litter yesterday, but since I can't see all of their collars, I can't tell if it is the whole crew separated for the different images or what.  Sad news was also sent about one female runt not making it a week, and went to puppy heaven on Good Friday.  

Also, I posted that we REALLY want Winslow to be an indoor doggy, but the ticket inside is a relatively non-shedding coat.  The images show distinct hair/fur parting down the middle of the muzzle on most or all of this litter, so I'm hoping that is a good sign.  I'm no expert on puppy coats, but again, I'm hoping that is a good sign they will be mostly curly to wavy.  

Wowy, a litter of 13 doodles is crazy!  I will join some or all of those groups for sure.

Here are a couple of those images:

Pamela, if shedding makes the difference between Winslow being an inside or outside dog, please rethink your decision and get a definitely non-shedding dog - like a poodle or schnauzer or wheaten.  Doodles are not outside dogs by personality.  They are real people-dogs and don't thrive unless they are a true member of the family.  Since one of my doodles sheds a lot, I have adjusted by having leather furniture, wood or tile floors and a good vacuum. 

These puppies are all beautiful.

That advice is wise for sure, but I just wasn't clear on the description.  We really mean an indoor/outdoor dog instead of just indoor.  It will spend a lot of time with our outdoor dogs as well as being inside.  

We currently have an indoor/outdoor dog right now in the form of a miniature poodle/Lahsa Apso or Schi Tzu mix, but she ONLY wants to cuddle.  Her name is Zooey, and she doesn't have anything to do with playing...just snuggling.  That's where the goldendoodle comes in.

About the puppy images.  My daughter was cry-talking to me when she was viewing them with me when they came in yesterday.  She is so excited, and the wait is driving her crazy.  Okay, it is driving me crazy, too.

They are such a rich color.

My daughter and I wanted a puppy from an American golden retriever dam and a party-colored standard poodle sire from our breeder since we love all of the different colors we've seen from their past litters.  My husband, on the other hand, wanted a puppy from the breeder's other litter which is a cream European golden retriever sire and a white standard poodle.

My daughter liked the American golden body type and color better, but my husband liked the European due to its supposed fewer health problems over the American.  Well, since both litters were going to be born at about the same time and we wanted a good picking order, my husband, with our blessing, chose a puppy from the European golden retriever litter since they were born first.  My husband messaged back and called the breeder within a minute of the litter announcement e-mail, which got us first pick of that litter.  

It was this sire's first litter, but the other sire was an experienced mother.  Even so, the breeder told us that the golden retriever only had one puppy(a black male) in this litter, which their vet said was a fluke.  A tough break for the breeder, especially since they said she usually has large litters.  

I only know of the sire's color from the breeder's web site and FB page images, but I hope to get some good ones when we're there next month on picking day.

This is the breeder's image of my puppy's mommy and daddy: 

I was told to look at the face of the doodle, ignore the body hair entirely.  The face will tell you what the doodle will be.  If the face is curly/kinky they will lean to the poodle side, if the facial hair is wavy they will be a wavy haired dog.  If the hair is straight they will lean to the retriever side.  I used that advice looking for a wavy haired doodle and it proved true.  Maybe we just got lucky but..

I tried to edit it but the page was having troubles.  I was trying to add, that the facial exam should take place when the pup is about 8 weeks old.  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service