DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

The Walla Walla Doodle Romp is happening June 23/24 plus optional weekend gatherings. 

Discuss plans, questions, c
ar pooling, where you're staying, ideas, etc...here!  I may update this post with info as needed.  So check back now and then.

Travel info/options is on a separate page:  http://www.doodlekisses.com/page/walla-walla-travel-lodging-info

UPDATE: I've created an Event Page...so RSVP there so we can have a head count:  http://www.doodlekisses.com/events/walla-walla-doodle-romp-2016

Views: 1289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maya and I are sooo excited! Just made reservation at the Travelodge staying from 22-25. YAY for the 1st (annual  ;  )) PNW Doodle Romp!

So sweet.
So excited, this is going to be fun

We have reservations at the Four Seasons RV resort. Traveling with the dogs in an RV is pretty easy.

I can't decide if I should market this event farther out than 30 miles.  I kind of am feeling possessive of OUR event.  Like why bring in people who don't participate in our community unless they live very close?  But I can't decide.  In '08 (I think?) I held a doodle romp with about 20 localish folks.  I imagine this could be way bigger if I spread the word...but do I want to?  What do you think?

I kind of think the more the merrier, but I have a preference for dk members too.  Our romps in our So. Cal group are open to anyone.  Those who show up learn about dk though, and hopefully join.

I myself like smaller groups. We have a monthly doodle romp in Seattle with 20-50 dogs attending, depending on the weather. 50 doodles is quite a lot, given their parents come too. I can't imagine a group bigger than 50 doodles playing in a smaller dog park (with other local dogs), going to a winery, on a hike, etc.  At some point it becomes a lot of organizing. Just sayin'...

I know what you mean.  I think that most non-DK people would want to just come for one thing...not hang out with us for an extended period.  So hiking, etc...would be something we discuss with JUST our DK people and the actual dog-park romp might be open to more.  There's a large park area around the dog park so if it was packed full some people could walk around with dogs on leash and then go in as it cleared.

I can tell you that Orwell would say more the merrier, but he would be just as excited if we went for a four hour drive just to meet one owner and one dog -- doodle or not. I, however, like smaller groups (human-wise, being smothered by dogs is fine to me), but am open to anything. 

Raisin and I and my Dad (Jim Hertweck) cannot wait to make it, we're booked at the Best Western! Since we've never been to one we're pretty happy to go! We were wondering if we could do an "unofficial parade" in the downtown area for some activities? 

Is this romp just for Labradoodles and Goldendoodles or can any doodle participate (such as Bernedoodles and Aussiedoodles)?

Sharon, if you're a member of DK, you are welcome with any dog!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service