DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Just needed to share my deep sorrow.  We lost our beautiful boy, Finn, to bloat on 7/5/19.  We were returning from vacation when I rec'd a call from the kennel, in the airport, that she discovered him in his run.  She rushed him to the vet, but it was too late.  We are so heartbroken. 

So, I just wanted to remind everyone that bloat is a very real danger an to educate themselves on how it happens and how to prevent it.

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry. There is nothing worse, and he was so young. 
Hugs to you and your family. 

Thank you so much.

I am so sorry.  I lost my Springer to bloat - we caught it, we rushed him to the vet but he didn't recover from the surgery.  Please don't feel guilty that you weren't there,  we were and it still didn't help.

Same here. I caught it right away, had him at the ER within 20 minutes, and they dropped the ball. Misdiagnosed him and then didn't get him into surgery for 4 hours. So being there and recognizing it doesn't guarantee survival. 

Thank you for sharing your experience.  It is a comfort to hear from someone who knows exactly how we feel.  I am so sorry for your loss - that must have been so heartbreaking.

The worst experience of my life. I know what you are going through, and my heart goes out to you. 

Even though we got immediate treatment for him, I still feel I could have done something more - I couldn't have but one always feels like one tiny minute faster would have made all the difference when it wouldn't have.  It can be such a sudden onset and when they don't make it, it is such a shock.

I know exactly how you must be feeling.  My heart grieves for you also.

Thank you so much for your reply.  Your words have provided great comfort.  You know that guilt has it's way of creeping in - even when you rationally know that there was nothing we, or they, could do.  

.So sorry about your beloved doodle.  I have lost three too young so can commiserate with you.  Bloat is so strange and hard to diagnose, but don't blame your boarding facility, vet, or anyone else.  It just happens.  My Groucho Too's father died of bloat and he was with a very experienced breeder.  It is very hard times now, but it will get better with time.

Thank you for your response.  It helps to hear from others who've walked this journey.  We certainly don't blame our kennel - they'd been his daycare and kennel since he was a baby.  I know they are suffering from this loss too.  I just wish the young staff there was a bit more educated about bloat and what to look for, how to prevent.  

I'm so sorry :( bloat is one of our biggest fears.  DH and I are pretty careful with not letting Riley exercise after she eats or drinks a lot but who knows if that would even prevent it.

Beautiful boy, I’m so sorry for your loss.  

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service