DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Today, I saw the strangest thing at the Vet's office. I had to stop in and pick up the dog's Frontline and standing in the lobby was a woman with a gorgeous Doodle dog. This woman went up to the owner and asked what kind of dog she had and the owner said it was a Saintberdoodle. While they were talking, the dog jumped up on the woman as she oohed and aahed over the dog. I could hear her saying to the dog, "Oh, I see you are shy and don't like people," as she continued to stroke the dog's soft fur.  She told the dog that her dogs were going to smell her all over her and be so jealous and then she bent over the dog and did the weirdest thing....she kissed this stranger's dog. OMD....who does that to someone's dog??  Well, the answer is ME and as soon as I did it, I could not believe it and said my goodbyes and ran out to the car to tell John what I had done.

He was no help and said that is why he was not a dog kisser, because he didn't want to ever accidentally kiss a stranger's dog. I felt like an idiot and knew I would not like someone I did not know kissing my two dogs. Heck, I can barely stand it if I see someone come out of one of those Porta-potties and head towards my dogs, knowing full well they did not wash their hands. I tried to get John to reassure me that it was not as weird as I was imaging, but John said it was plenty weird and the woman was probably having the dog groomed as we speak.

I thought about Karen telling us dogs don't like strangers reaching over the tops of their heads, but couldn't remember if she every said anything about kissing the top of the head of a strange dog at the Vet's office. What was I thinking? Is this a sign of weird things to come? Any help would be appreciated.

Views: 765

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I don't have much opportunity to kiss and tell anything great....I have been married a long time :) LOL

LOL, I probably would have done the same thing!

Thanks, DJ!

I see no problem with it, Laurie!  I kiss other dogs all the time.....of course they have to be "kissable" in the first place.  For instance....sweet tempered and fairly clean smelling!  LOL

Of course.........LOL

Okay, yep, I now have that song stuck in my head, thanks to you and your strange dog-kissin' ways! ROFL! And this within just minutes of sitting somewhere unmentionable *cough* chanting "I kiss'a da dose! I kiss'a da dose!" whilst kissing Declan's "dose" over and over. Much to his disgust.

Last winter, in the middle of an agility class with Declan, he came out of a tunnel and raced around to meet me ... leaped into the air ... and managed to plant a big smooch right on my lips. I was as surprised as anyone but too busy cheering for his enthusiasm to care. Two little kids who were watching at ringside, though, were heard to whisper loudly words to the effect of "Mommy! She just kissed her dog! Ewwww!" Hey, at least it was my own dog. I know where his lips have been. Oh wait ... eww!

Okay, I'll admit it - no doodle is safe around me. And puppies? Oh dear, where'd I leave my Chapstick?!

LOL...I love the image of Declan leaping into your arms to give you a kiss. What a dog!!! That should have won him the competition.

Laurie,

Just wondering if by chance this is the Bernedoodle?  

I see a new member here on DK from Maryland.

Go  LOOK

http://www.doodlekisses.com/profile/BaileyBernedoodle?xg_source=pro...

If so, I want to be a WEIRDO TOO

Joanne, Just seeing this. No, I don't think that was the dog, although I would love to give him a kiss :)

When I take Gavin for therapy visits at the college, he gets more smooching action than the most popular co-eds.  Just sayin'.

They dont call them smart college kids for nothing.   

Well, that makes perfect sense to me :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service