DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When do you think it's OK to switch a puppy from 3 to 2 feedings per day? Lucy is 4 months. The teacher at puppy class said it's OK to do that now. What does everyone else think? Because of the hours I work, it makes my life so much easier.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My vet strongly advocated that I go to 2 feedings when Beck was 4 months old, I didn't question her as to the reason, I just followed her advice- so far it's worked out well
Lynne - you are the best. I ask a question and "walla", there's an answer. Thank you. I'm glad to hear that. I work from 4:30 - 9:00 pm so that last feeding is always a problem. When do I give it? This will work great. I'll feed at 6:00 am and again about 3:30 in the afternoon.
Depends on how Lucy eats right now. Dose she eat all her food at feeding time? My puppy dose not and he is 9weeks old. I feed him about 8am then around lunch time. About 90% of the time he eats it about 3 or 4pm..odd I know but was at the vet yesterday and he was 12lbs and she said very healthy except for the dry skin which I think is his shampoo....he drinks alot of water( deep south very hot already humid). he is eating on average 1 & 1/2 cups of dry per day.
Lucy does eat all of her food anytime and everytime I feed it. If I fed her six times a day she'd eat it all. So I'm going to go to 2 and see how it works. She's certainly not underweight either.
4 months is totally ok. Go for it!
Lizzie transitioned herself sometime between 4months and 5 months, she just wasn't very interested in Lunch. Which that's when I'm supposed to be sleeping, so I was more than happy to ditch that meal! Now she eats at 9:30 am and 6:30 pm. Works great for us! BTW, she's 5.5 months old.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service