DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi, I'm new and we have been planning on getting a doodle for a year now. I'm sure we all have in our mind what the typical doodle dog looks like. After finally finding a breeder I trusted the dog mom and dad finally had pups. It was a white doodle mom and red miniature poodle dad. I though for sure one of the pups would be that beautiful light tan color. All the pups came our medium apricot, which looks very dark to me. Also the breeder recently changed her allocations to 100% temperament testing. So she matches the puppy up with the family. So we no longer get to pick gender, coat, size. We can pick one characteristic but she said mainly we will get the puppy she says fits best with our family. So now I am having reservations about this litter. Not only it isn't the color I like but I'm paying $ 3,000 and get no say in what puppy I get. What is everyone's thoughts on this process? Thanks in advance!!

Views: 2109

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DJ is it possible that your breeder would dog sit? We don't live near our breeder but I know they have dog sat for previous puppies when their owners were in a pinch!

Asking for a refund was the best thing.  Now, of course, you need to see if you actually get it.  Can you call your bank to see if there is a way to stop payment on the check to them, or has it been too long?  At first, I thought this breeder was quirky and that she probably could choose a personality for you better than your one time visit, but even making a secret of the puppies' gender is nuts.  ESN would be the last straw for me also. 

Just an update. I will be getting my deposit back from that nightmare of a breeder. I am so excited to be back with my first pick breeder. She happened to have 2 cream females available. I really love this breeder and it was meant to be back with her. We are deciding between these 2 beauties! They are 5 weeks. And go figure Ive received pictures and weight updates and videos are on the way!!:) like it should be.
Yippee!!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Hooray!

Gorgeous!  I often thought about getting a irish doodle, but I already have 2 doods and you know what they say about 3 doodles...LOL ...lots of poo.  Just kidding.  I do see the puppies colors fade over the years.  $3000 sounds like a lot to me.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service