DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Yesterday, when the carpet cleaners were here for about the 100th time, they gave me some bad news.  Apparently when I was cleaning up from a couple recent episodes of sick Doodle tummies, I "over soaked" the carpet with cleaner, and it seeped into the pad.  When you do that, apparently the stain will disappear initially, but if it's worked into the pad, it resurfaces.  So, they were able to clean the carpet and now it looks fine, but he assured me those stains will "be back".  So, I need to replace the carpet.  I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for types of carpet that seem to stand up well with Doodles.  My guys are housebroken, but every few weeks one of them seems to have an upset stomach, and I'm dealing with spit up or diarrhea (or both).  I want something that will clean up well and is also durable.  I'm figuring will all of us who have Doodles with stomach issues, someone has probably found a carpet that can withstand these "clean ups".  Thanks everyone!

I guess I now need to add carpet to the list of things we didn't plan on when we got our Doodles....oh well, they are so worth it!  At least now I know white berber is a really bad choice!

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jane --- I think it is called Wood, Wood laminate, or tile!
We're definitely going with wood when we replace the living room and family room carpets....right now they're okay. I have wood in the foyer and kitchen and it's so much easier. Of course, they never choose those places to get sick! I did want to stick with carpet upstairs, though. I really like it in the bedrooms.
I have almost no rugs in my house and Porter invariably barfs on one of the two wool, expensive, non-stanley steamer-able ones.
I hear ya!
You can get used to no carpet upstairs...if you have asthma, you have little choice. I grew up with a carpeted upstairs, but now I am thrilled by the changeability of area rugs and the "oh, your shoes had mud on them. let's just wipe that off the floor."
I know what you mean. I have a braided area rug under the dining room table and that is L&S's favorite place to barf! You just can't win.
Taquito throws up ONLY on rugs. Not the hardwoods. Never.
Hi Jane. We just replaced carpeting in our home and I did quite a bit of research before I chose one ( I tend to do this with everything). We did not have Bella yet but did have 2 cats at the time. I ended up putting in Smartstrand by Mohawk and also had a pet friendly underpad placed underneath that will not absorb liquid. So far our carpet has not been tested in our home but you can check out the "rhino" test that they did on it at http://www.mohawkflooring.com/smartstrand/default.aspx. I checked out all kinds of carpeting forums online and those that have used this carpet back up the fact that you cannot stain it even with red wine (or anything for that matter), you can actually use bleach to clean it, it will not fade in sunlight, is made from corn sugar and is more environmentally friendly, and will not show traffic patterns over time even better than some other very popular brands. The particular one that we chose is very, very soft to the touch and I have not felt another carpet like this. Hope this helps.
Thanks so much...I'm going to look for places that carry it in our area. It sounds great!
You're welcome! I just hate throwing away money on something that I won't be happy with and won't stand up to the things that I need it to. We actually put hardwood and slate in the rest of the house but I did have one room that I wanted to have really cozy for the kids to hang out with their friends in and that they would feel comfortable sprawling all over the floor as they do. Actually, they were also one of my concerns for spills because even though they are teens, stuff happens (a lot), and I did not want to have to be stressed every time something got spilled.
This stuff sounds awesome!
I love this! We only have carpet in the master bedroom and I think I will get this when I replace it soon.. I wanted hardwood but hubby was adamant on 'soft' flooring... good compromise ;)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service