DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

On Saturday, my almost 2 yr. old male labradoodle, Gus, and I went to the dog beach. He is neutered and we have been to dog parks many times, however this was the first time that he was there without his dominant 4 1/2 yr. old bich-poo sister. When we arrived he was playing with the other dogs and marking logs, grass, etc....but in addition to this, he would mark some of the people standing/sitting there....including me. He had never done this before...I was wondering if it was because his dominant sister wasn't there? I posted this discussion in the Multiple Doodles group and someone had suggested that I post it to the entire site so that someone, possibly a trainer, could shed some light on this behavior.

Views: 924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my - that would be embarrassing.! I cant tell you what to do there. But definitely need that stopped.
I have no idea what it actually means...but here's a funny story for you!

I used to take Rosco (still plan to) to our local kennel club's handling class (outside gathering of kennel club members and their dogs, practicing different things) at a local park. Well one day at one of our monthly meetings a member of the club who owns whippets told me that EVERY time her male whippet (not neutered since he's a show/breeding dog) saw Rosco show up at the park for handling class her whippet would mark her! So strange, but funny since it didn't happen to me. Rosco's shear manliness must have caused him to have to show off =)
it is a sign of dominance~ he wants to be boss
Ever see the Robin Williams Stand Up Comedy were he is talking about his dogs and cats marking?
( lifts leg ) " That's Mine "
( lifts leg ) " That's Mine "
( lifts leg ) " That's Mine Too"

It is hilarious.

Possibly your dog is just running around claiming the people at the park. I certainly sypathize with your embarrassment!!

BTW.................. what dog park? I will stay clear. Just Joking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfS5NORfG14&NR=1

here is the link to this comedy. Click on about half-way ( about 5 mins into this segment ) and he will talk about dogs and cats who mark. He is imitating the dogs voices as they mark their territory.

Warning it is RATED "R" so no kids should be around.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service