DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have a new puppy and have been pretty much addicted to DK since we brought Quincy home a month and half ago. I just want to give a HUGE shout out to everyone who posts such great ideas, product recommendations and laughs to share

I am pretty sure I have read most of this stuff- since I work from home and have gotten pretty much zero work done lately -here are a few items that have stuck with me:

• She will stop nipping- someday - be patient - then maybe half my pants / sweats will not have little holes in them.
  • Frozen yogurt in a kong- ahhh....Crate heaven!
  • The paw plunger is a good idea in theory- once purchased and tried this morning, I think it is def a you-tube moment waiting to be recorded.
  • Sweet Potatoes and Pumpkin are like dog delicacy and antlers are a godsend
  • Poop comes in many shapes and consistencies but most important is to do it regularly.
  • My puppy doesn't sit funny, whew..I was seriously concerned until I saw some pictures here.
  • She knows her name when she feels like it, and isn't deaf.
  •  Professional Training is a must
  • Clean thy ears - brush / comb - trim regularly

But mostly I have learned after reading about some of the hardships and illnesses some of you have experienced that I feel so very grateful to have a healthy girl (so far.  I hope and pray anyone who right now is struggling will get good news and their pups will be on the mend and get healthy.

thanks guys!

Views: 318

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good points! I think you are so lucky to have found DK so early on. Luca was about 8 or 9 months old when I found the site. I discovered some things the hard way before then : ) I plan to continue after my dogs cross the rainbow bridge if I'm still around.

When I got Ned, I became doodle obsessed and found this site.  I have learned so much about dogs.   puppy mills/good breeders; science (thanks F.); dog health and allergies; dog food; grooming; photography; and  computer technology.  My husband belongs to a very inferior social website for his interest and I have even contacted the site administrator whining about how user friendly the site isn't.  He even came onto dk to check it out and then made excuses about why his site coudn't be as user friendly.

I second all of the above!  Thank you DK!!!!  I have also learned so VERY VERY much! 

Wow this is such a nice post AND a true testament to the power of doodles and the love their people have for them. I love DK.

it just keeps coming.....morning routine: walk the dog, feed the dog, coffee, click on DK. :)

Your message was beautiful, yet funny, and right on cue from a new puppy Mom. I truly enjoyed reading your insights.
Just let out my beautiful foster, drank my coffee, and came to DK :)

This is so nice of you to post! Your list WILL get bigger!!!! Glad to have you here!

You've summed up how most of us feel. Thanks for posting! I love the comment, "my puppy doesn't sit funny"! They are soooo funny! I love the puppy sit. My big boys still do it sometimes.

Even though we did a lot of research about dogs in general and doodles in particular, we didn't find DK until AFTER we brought Sedona home.  (In my house, nothing gets done or purchased without considerable research!)  We kind of lucked into a good breeder, but in retrospect, it would have been better if we'd found DK first!   

DItto

I have never watched a dog poop as much until I got my doodle. It did not help she came to me with very runny stool and 2 months later we are still working on this problem. After many rounds of meds and stool samples we have come to think its just a food issue. Thanks to the wonderful people on here we found a great food that looks like might be fixing our problem rather than doing some $300.00 test my vet wanted to do.

I am with you about the holes in clothing. I feel like such a bum because I have just stayed in my T-shirts and sweats until its time to leave then put her in her cage and get dressed as I am rushing out the door.  My poor 4 yr old daughters clothing has really suffered she has holes in many shirts and pants because they dog seems to not be able to control her self around her. Not to mention her poor hands and feet with all the bloody scratch marks from those razor teeth.

I still have many things to learn as we are having a baby in about 6-10 weeks and i am so fearful I cant stop the jumping on me when iam holding the baby.  I am trying really hard to teach doggy manners but she steps on my head even.

A little late adding my comment, but thank you for making me smile - especially the comment about how our doodles sit !  But I'm rejoicing at finding the pawplunger - what at brilliant idea.  & I can purchase them here in the UK too !!   Still trying to work out what zoomies are though ??  luv from a sunny Hertfordshire.

Zoomies are those crazy times that your doodle has when they run in circles at a fast speed -- either inside or out! Knox doesn't really have them that often, but when he does, I just stay out of his way!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service