DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I have a 27 pound miniature golden doodle who is very social and loves to play. We are fortunate that every day we walk off leash and play with other dogs. My concern is this however...one of our friends is a 110 pound golden doodle. He is a year younger than mine and 90 pounds heavier. He also is not very well trained so he plays out of control, runs, jumps, everything out of control! When the doodles play and wrestle and bite each other's necks, should I be concerned that my dogs whole neck is at times in the large dogs mouth? It doesn't seem wise to me and so I correct the other dog myself (rather than the owner) and I also separate them. Sometimes I leash mine, or request them to leash theirs. 

Now I have a friend who I dog sit for every day who has a goldendoodle puppy that will be about a 60 pound dog, currently she is about 20. She also plays very rough with my doodle. Her sharp little puppy teeth have left a few bloody spots on my boy. I work with her daily to correct her from agressive biting of my dog. If I feel she is getting carried away, I leash her and make her relax.

My question to all of you who have more than one, how did you handle this play/wrestling issue during puppyhood- particularly if you have a mini and a standard? I am concerned because my dog is very VERY submissive so he seldom corrects any dog himself. Should I be concerned? Should I be intervening? I definintely don't want the new puppy to be out of control at 60 pounds so I need to know how to train her now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Views: 380

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow that is quite the change! I guess it takes a little girl to bring out the best in him! LOL! Glad you had such a great day!! :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service