DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

It is said the process of choosing a dog shampoo for your dog is more important than you may think. I am thinking this is true so am looking for a great shampoo. Please,will you list what shampoo you use and how you like it.

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont know what the pH difference is but I do know that my dogs matt faster and more when I have used human shampoo.
LOL, you really do sound like a commercial. Are you getting a cut of the profits?
Not yet! hahaha
We use Mane & Tail, + the conditioner, it makes his coat super soft and gets out all the tangles and smells beautiful. I also use it myself! I love it plus it's pretty cheap which is good because we seem to go through a lot.
Abby gets bathed every month and we use Cowboy shampoo and conditioner. (you get it from a feed store, it's for horses actually and you can even use it on yourself) Abby's coat is so soft and easy to brush out afterwards. I really like it.
I also have Best Shot - but am not wild about the smell - it smells like mint. It works well enough tho.
I have used a DIFFERENT shampoo each time because I just find it fun to try out products. One I tried, that smelled amazing, made him itchy so it's still sitting there mostly unused. So then the next two I chose based on their hypoallergenic or skin calming purported properties: a tea tree oil based shampoo and an oatmeal based one. I've also used Chris Christensen's Day to Day (but couldn't tell if it was actually better or not).
Lizzie seems to get bathed pretty often, every other week or so, thanks to her love of mud. I use an oatmeal based shampoo and her hair has always been very soft and easy to brush out, no skin problems. I have also used mane-&-tail before on my parent's collie (lots of hair!) and that worked well for her.
I have to wash Albus at least once every 2 weeks. He is a dirt magnet! And if he sees a puddle, he is in it, rolling around to get a nice even coverage. So I had to find something that really cut through the dirt without bothering his skin.

I really love Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil soap. The dirt just falls off and it rinses off so easily, so I don-t have to worry about residue. It's amazing. I use it for me too, so that may be bad thinking about all the pH stuff, but his skin looks so healthy, his hair is so soft and my skin too. He never scratches or bites himself. I usually do use whatever conditioner I have lying around. Dove or Suave Coconut, and I make sure I rinse for a really long time.

Now, just a warning, there is a lot of literature on the bottles that can be a little weird. But I really love the soap and it's all positive stuff. Plus, the soap lasts forever! Just a few drops and the whole dog is lathered.
I have used the 8 in 1 Perfect Coat Oatmeal shampoo on Beau since I got him, and LOVE it! I have heard that dogs have a different Ph to their skin than humans, so it is important to use dog shampoo and not human shampoo, however I have also heard that the only human product you can use on them is Pantene. So now I do one shampoo with the 8 in 1 and then the second soaping with the Pantene Smooth and Silky, with GREAT results! I also use the 8 in1 Detangling Spray....it's clear and works great!
Thank you all for the input!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service