DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When walking (no side walks) do you walk with traffic or against? I walk with, but I see people walking the other way and it makes me think I am walk the wrong way. I also walk Jordan on my left in a loose heel. It was because Payton walked on my right. I drove my trainers nuts,but it is how I walked them. So, Jordan is walking road side not grass side. I have tried to switch her to the right, but she "finds" ways to end up on the left. She is a good walker no complaints there.
Thanks ahead everyone :)
Tante

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should walk against traffic. That way you can see cars approaching and it also keeps the dog on the inside.
We were taught in early school you always walk against traffic so you can see the cars approaching. You dont want to be walking the same directions as cars because if they come close enough to hit you or clip you, you will have your back to them. You need to see'em coming,
Yep.. against traffic! Unless you have wheels (a bike) then you walk with traffic I think..
Yes...if you're riding a bike it should be done on the road just like a car =)
Clark did some research on this and although I don't know his sources, he says that there is a higher risk to cyclists who ride close to the curb than to those riding closer to traffic. Cars are more careful when you ride like you're supposed to =)

Poor cycling etiquette is a huge pet peeve of mine!
My son is a bicyclist and an etiquette fanatic too!
I had a feeling I was walking wrong on the wrong side. Thank you everyone!
I walked on the wrong side of the road for a year in my neighborhood before I realized it!
Lets see Payton was almost 12 when passed in April....12 years of walking on the wrong side.Opps :) It just came to my mind yesterday during my walk. LOL Thank you everyone Again!
the LEFT side of the road. (of whatever way your facing; cars coming towards you will be on the SAME side of the road as you, cars coming from behind, will be on the opposite side)
I agree with everyone. I always walk against traffic. I speed walk and you would be surprised at the number of times I have had to jump on grass because I see that someone is talking on the phone and heading straight for me. If I was walking with traffic I would not realize it until it was too late.
You should always walk facing oncoming traffic. That way you can see the unattentive drivers (and there's plenty) coming right at you, gives you time to jump out of the way.
I was always taught to walk against traffic in case you needed to get out of the way, you could see. As for walking your dogs, basic obedience always taught they should be on your left. I train both sides, when you do agility classes your dog has to work from both sides, and when your seasoned trained for just the left side, boy can it mess you up.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service