DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Can anyone help me confirm what type of doodle I have.

Mother = F1b labradoodle (Labradoodle F1 cross F1 labradoodle backcrossed with a standard poodle.)

Father = Standard Poodle

Does this make a F1bb, a double backcross or something else? I thought my labradoodle Buster was a F1bb but I've been told he is a F2. If anyone knows, could they let me know, or if you have any ideas.

Thanks very much! :)

Views: 87

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't answer your question, but he sure is a cutie!

Frances, After I read your discussion, I read this discussion almost immediately after. Maybe this helps you a little bit. Your pup sure is cute.

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/should-i-be-suspicious?xg_...
Don't know either but he is a real cutie!
Yes it is an F1bb.  But an F1b is sometimes referred to as an F2.  You can only advance ONE generation past the lowest generation.  So there might be a couple answers to the question.  For me the most important thing is 'what were the parents?' and that helps me get an idea of what's in the dog.  The name of the generation is less important.  F1bb's are NOT very common and most breeders don't go that heavy on poodle, BUT, there are a couple breeders who via accident or experimentation did this combo and had nice outcomes so more breeders, I think, seem curious about trying it out.
Ouch! That's too confusing to even figure out how to ask it! Cutie though-anyways.
Thanks for all the info. So does that mean he could be both a F1bb and a F2, sorry. Whatever he is, I agree he sure is cute. He can be a little rascal at times though :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service