DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I planned to take my beloved Keera for a “day at the spa” (groomer) since the new puppies are 8 weeks old and I felt she really need to be cleaned up better than I can do at home after caring for 5 puppies all this time. When I made the appt about two weeks ago the owner of salon said she wanted to see the puppies so I took one of the puppies “Beauty” with me to drop off Keera..

This groomer has been in business around the corner from my home for years... I live on a lake and lake people kind of support each others businesses... I had never taken Keera there before and my regular groomer said they wouldn’t groom her until her milk was all dried up, but this lake side groomer said she would do it without any issue at all..

So here is how my day started: appointment was for 8am.. I arrived with Keera and one of the puppies. I was the first one there and we started talking and showing off the puppy in the lobby area. I was filling out paper work.. The groomer has two employees and they had two dogs which belonged to either the owner of the salon or employees behind this lobby area I’m not sure which at this point... One of the employee said “my puppy (30 lbs) wants to see your puppy, Can he?” I responded with a sure.. 30 seconds later.. all HELL broke loose.. Her dog bite the puppy in the mussel!!!

My puppy was screamed and running under the groomers tables and I was trying to get her and she was running around just screaming and bleeding.. I finally got her and she was bleeding from the nostrils and inside her mouth. I asked for a sink and all three of them came and helped me. I was holding this baby in the sink and still she was screaming and they helped me spray her mussel off and get the bleeding stopped. This entire time they are saying how sorry they are and they will cover the vet costs.. They also said that dog had all its shots and so on. I explained I thought they should rethink about having that dog around customers dogs... I asked for phone and called home.. I told my son to be outside and that I would need his help.. They gave me a towel and I wrapped the puppy up ran home grabbed my son and went strait to the vet..

The puppy has two puncture wounds but she will be okay and we are keeping her and antibiotics just in case.. The vet cleaned it really good and so on..
Get this... I had left Keera there to get groomed and I fully expected them to offer me a discount or some thing... My vet called them and they said they would bring by a check to cover the cost of the vet bill before 5pm today..

At noon they called and say Keera is ready.. I go over and I’m still thinking they are going to take a check to the animal hospital before 5pm.. They had Keera running around the salon and their dogs were caged.. But other owners dogs were loose in the salon... They present me with a bill and asked if still had my coupon I mentioned this morning.. I was in shock!! I paid their bill and left.

A few hours later the vet called and they had not shown up to cover the bill.. I tried to call them and they didn’t answer... I drove over there and they were “closed”.. I told the vet not to worry I would cover it...

I called the police to make a report but they came out and said it was a civil matter I would have to take her to court.. What if this had been someones child? Instead of my puppy?

Okay doodle lovers chime in... what do I do now.

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hang in there - you did everything you could do, and it sounds like Seth gave some very good advice. Your story will get around, and if that kind of thing happens on a regular basis with that groomer, I can't imagine they'll be in business too much longer. So sorry you had to go through all that! And so happy the puppy is fine.
I just wanted you to see how wonderful this puppy is doing.. Please go to my page and go down to the photo slide show the first 17 pictures are of the puppy who was bitten at the groomers. Isn’t she a beauty... actually that is kind of her name right now "Beauty".
I just wanted you to see how wonderful this puppy is doing.. Please go to my page and go down to the photo slide show the first 17 pictures are of the puppy who was bitten at the groomers. Isn’t she a beauty... actually that is kind of her name right now "Beauty".
Sorry,this all happened to you and your precious doodles. Gald they are doing better.
You were in a difficult and stressful situation. While looking back on it, you may have choosen to some things differently. At the time though you were in survival mode for your puppy. Since you can't go back and do it differently just use this as a learning experience. Don't beat yourself up. All of your intentions were good.

Your reaction and actions are normal. Get your money back and move forward.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service